Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Leaving

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
First Timer

Im leaving Talktalk when my contract runs out on 6th November, do I need to do anything as I have already click to not renew my contract.

Highlighted
Philosopher

You contract will not end at the end of your fixed term, the renewal would have been for a new fix, just like any utility

You'll just go on to a month to month service at full price.

You need to call TT and tell them you wish to cancel completely.

If you order from another company using the BTOR network, that provider will contact TT to arrange the takeover.

If you move to Virgin or another real fibre provide, you need to cancel directly with TT.

Martin
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Marinemike

Sorry that you are leaving. 

If you wish to cancel completely I would suggest calling our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 they can help. 

Alternatively contact another provider to take over the line. 

Regards

Highlighted
First Timer

OCE  Arne  , I tried to call to speak to somebody but was told I was 26 in the que, which is TT way of taken money of me be it not been a free call, so I hung up , I will just cancel my DD after my last bill date.

Highlighted
Philosopher

Calls to TT from your landline are free.

Your contract will not cancel unless you contact TT or order from another ISP.

If you cancel your DD, they will still bill you, add late fees and bombard you with emails.

They will eventually suspend your services and then cancel them.

If, however, you owe them money they will still ask for payment and finally sell on the debt to a collection agency.

This sort of situation has meant credit files being affected.

Be careful about what you do !

Martin
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

@Marinemike  We cannot process cancellations on the community so all I can advise is to stay on the line. 

Sorry

Highlighted
First Timer

OCE_Arne yeah I'm not surprised you can't process cancellations on the community, because you want the stupid humans to call you number at premium rate and stick them in a Fake queue whilst you sit on your arses and do nothing apart from count the charge rate of the call, but I'm not 1 of those humans so at end of day I signed a contract that runs out on 6th November 2020, I will not be renewing the contact because you service is appalling.

Highlighted
Philosopher

0345 172 0046  is NOT a Premium Rate number

It's free to call from your TalkTalk landline.

If you call from another phone or mobile it costs exactly the same as calling your next door neighbour.

On mobile plans with inclusive minutes, a call to a 03 prefix will be included along with 01 and 02 prefixes.

Martin
Highlighted
First Timer

As one of United Kingdom's leading B2B and consumer telecoms provider, TalkTalk is not only affordable but also offers very reliable services. The charge made to 0345 numbers is charged at the same rate as 01 and 02 numbers, so its not free at all.

Highlighted
Community Star

Your contract runs out in the sense that any agreed prices will expire. Your service will not stop at that point, indeed imagine if it did? You will then move to standard pricing which is considerably higher.

If you want to actually cancel, or switch your service, then you need to follow the procedure set out in the help article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Marinemike 

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, AS JUDGE RINDER SAYS, IN LOUD.

ALL CALLS TO TALKTALK 0345 CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBERS ARE FREE WHEN CALLED FROM YOUR HOME LANDLINE.

FYI, ALL CALLS TO OTHER TT CUSTOMERS ARE FREE TOO.

"You can make free calls to other TalkTalk landline customers as long as you call for no more than three hours at a time, after which standard charges will apply."

Martin
Highlighted
Community Star

@Marinemike wrote:

As one of United Kingdom's leading B2B and consumer telecoms provider, TalkTalk is not only affordable but also offers very reliable services. The charge made to 0345 numbers is charged at the same rate as 01 and 02 numbers, so its not free at all.

@Marinemike Not sure what the purpose of your post is, but all calls to TallTalk customer service numbers are free from a TalkTalk landline. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Martswain- you just stated all call to TT customers are Free, yet you copied a line that states after which standard charges will apply, so Clearly not Free.

Highlighted
First Timer

Ferguson -Why shouldn't my contract run out when my contract end , END OF A CONTRACT MEANS JUST THAT.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Marinemike 

I just added the FYI line about calls to other customers

Which bit of mine and @ferguson 's posts regarding calls to customer services don't you understand.

THEY ARE FREE FROM YOUR TT LANDLINE.

THAT'S IT.

SIMPLE.

Martin
Highlighted
First Timer

Ok so there free, I still won't be calling them ,I've got better thing to do with my life then spend hours on a call that is not needed.

Highlighted
First Timer

Renew your contract

Your contract ends on

06 Nov 2020

When your contract ends, you move on to our standard price plan, so you may see an increase in your bill. Check now how much you can save with our fixed price plans

Don't show this again.

taking from TT account , and it Cleary states YOUR CONTRACT ENDS ON 06 NOV 2020 .
Highlighted
Philosopher

Ts and Cs

15.2 If you want to end a service or your agreement with us outside the minimum
period you will have to contact us in writing or by phone to give 30 days’
notice; however, if you’re transferring to another telephone or broadband
provider, we’ll accept that you’ve given us sufficient notice when we receive notice from them.
Unless we tell you otherwise, we will give you 30 days’ written notice if we want to end a service outside the minimum period.

It's the same as an utility contract, just think of it as a fixed price for a certain term and after that you move to the Standard Variable tariff.

They don't cut off your gas or electricity when your "fix" ends.

19 CONTACTING EACH OTHER
19.1 If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our help pages (www.talktalk.co.uk/help) or by
chatting to our online chat agents, you can contact us by telephoning customer services on
freephone 0345 172 0088 or 0203 441 5550 or 2883 from a TalkTalk SIM. We will need to
verify your identity before we can speak to you about your account. If the person contacting us
is not the account holder, we can only provide limited information. If you want to write to us, or
if any paragraph in your agreement requires you to give us written notice, you can do this at
www.talktalk.co.uk/contactus or by post to TalkTalk Correspondence Department, PO Box 675,
Salford M5 0NL.

Martin
Highlighted
Philosopher

@Marinemike wrote:

Renew your contract

Your contract ends on

06 Nov 2020

When your contract ends, you move on to our standard price plan, so you may see an increase in your bill. Check now how much you can save with our fixed price plans

Don't show this again.

taking from TT account , and it Cleary states YOUR CONTRACT ENDS ON 06 NOV 2020 .

It ALSO says "when your contract ends, you move on to our standard price plan"

Come on @Marinemike , get a grip !

Martin
Highlighted
Community Star

@Marinemike What is it you want to do? Your service will not stop when your current contract expires, would you prefer it that it was so and you were left with no broadband?

Your choices are as follows: contact TalkTalk and negotiate a new contract, hopefully at a better price; contact another provider and agree a contract with them and if you ask them to keep your existing phone number then they can switch the service for you, save for various Ofcom exceptions;  errr...?