Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Internet Connection

TalkRPCapc
Team Player
Message 45 of 45

Hi,

I am losing my internet connection several times a day. Especially between 1800 and 2100 in the evening. It can usually be re-established by restarting the router once or twice. Sometimes you have to leave it for half an hour or so, then restart and its fine for a while. 

Evenings are definitely the worst time.

Once it's working its fine with good speed.

I think the router is OK as I can still print to my wireless printer even when I have no internet connection available.

Every time TalkTalk check connection its good, of course as I can only make contact when its working.

My experience seems to be exactly the same as @Pstr_9699 is seeing.

44 REPLIES 44

Message 1 of 45

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

TalkRPCapc
Team Player
Message 2 of 45

@Michelle-TalkTalk it has been really good, no problems at all. This event above is the only one we have had and it sort of sorted itself once the devices using the Wi-Fi were restarted.

All is looking good... dut don't say that too loudly. 😊

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 45

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. How has the wireless connection been since your last post? Has this happened again?

Thanks

0 Likes

TalkRPCapc
Team Player
Message 4 of 45

@Michelle-TalkTalk Very strange thing happened, just now 26/Jun/2021 ~1645. We lost all our Wi-Fi internet access on all devices but ethernet/Lan remained good. I did nothing to the router, just restarted all of the devices using Wi-Fi and everything recovered, without any action on the router.

Interesting. ...And puzzling too.

Cheers,

0 Likes

Message 5 of 45
0 Likes

Message 6 of 45

Router had a forced restart due to a short power cut that last just  2 or 3 minutes. Recovered fine.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 7 of 45
0 Likes

Message 8 of 45

Hi @OCE_Debbie and @OCE_Michelle 

The router has been running normally for approximately 1 week now with no issues.

I will update you if anything plays up or after a month. Whichever comes first. Hopefully it will be the month.

Thanks for your help,

TalkRPCapc

Message 9 of 45

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Message 10 of 45

Hi @OCE_Debbie and @OCE_Michelle 

The Huawei router has been running for approximately 30 hours with no issues so far.

I will update you if anything plays up.

Thanks for your help,

TalkRPCapc

Message 11 of 45

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk and @Michelle-TalkTalk 

The Huawei router is installed as of 0940±5 minutes on 8-May-2021.

At the moment it is working fine but I will have to see over time if it is any different to the Sagemcom router. The Sagemcom router was a right pain in the neck yesterday, 😞 so the results may show quite quickly.

Saying that the Sagemcom router only started to play up after it had been in use for around 18 months with no issues. The problems started around the start of the first lockdown in march 2020. 

Thanks for your help,

TalkRPCapc

0 Likes

Message 12 of 45
0 Likes

Message 13 of 45

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Great.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

TalkRPCapc

Message 14 of 45

Hi TalkRPCapc

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 45

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Yes please. Sounds like it is worth a try.

Regards,

TalkRPCapc

Message 16 of 45

Hi TalkRPCapc

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub (router) for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 45

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2  and sorry @Michelle-TalkTalk I didn't realise the Huawei hub was a router, by the name it sounded like a WiFi booster.

No I have only ever had the one Sagemcom router, I have never tried any other.

Thanks.

Message 18 of 45

@TalkRPCapc, a few months ago, @Michelle-TalkTalk asked if you had tested with a different router ever, but the question was not followed up. 

This is what they are asking when they say, have you tried the Huawei model. It's another router which they can send out for you to test, if the Sagemcom is playing up.

If that's then no better, they will investigate further, but at least it will help to know whether the router is the source of the problem or not.

Staff will be back on the forum from Tuesday onwards to follow up,  @TalkRPCapc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 45

Ah @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Could be my fault for the confusion when I said the internet signal was getting really weak. I didn't mean WiFi signal, that is fine. What I meant is, you use PAM4 internet transmission I believe. The internet signal coming into the router I was suggesting was weak resulting in the router being unable to read the signal. 

However, that doesn't explain some of the strange behaviour, for example zoom call remaining intact when no new connections can be made, even on the same PC that is still connected on the zoom call.

Regards,

TalkRPCapc

0 Likes

Message 20 of 45

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I am sorry but I don't even understand what you mean by "Huawei Wifi Hub"!

My router is a Sagemcom FAST5364. Note that the issue is not WiFi, my Lan cable connected PC's have the same issue as the WiFi devices and exhibit the same symptoms. 

Regards,

TalkRPCapc

0 Likes