Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing internet

Kscout2
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

For some weeks I have been losing internet when connected via wifi. All is o.k. via ethernet connection. Tried resetting router several times. Problem persists. This happens on four devices.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Kscout2

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Kscout2
First Timer
Message 2 of 11

Thanks Karl, fingers crossed.

Mel.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

I've a router on the way to you so we can rule this out as a potential cause.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Yes dial tone present and calls appear o.k. Router log is showing 53M connection but a tremendous amount of errors on wireless access.

Thanks,

Mel

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi,

Did you have a chance the test the voice service to see if there is a dial tone or any noise on the line please as this can affect the broadband connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11

Hello Debbie, I'm having great difficulty with all of this, I've now connected everything via the main socket. Problem persists, please could you do another line test please?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Kscout2

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line test is detecting a potential landline fault. Are you experiencing any faults with the landline service? (noise on the line)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hello I've updated profile. The roter is a Huawei HG633. I've tried all thes suggestions multiple times but the problem persists. As I said earlier connections via ethernet are perfectly o.k. I'm not losing the wifi signal at all, just bthe internet.

Thanks, Mel.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi Kscout2

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Kscout2,

What make / model of router do you have ?

There are a few things you could try to see if it is Wi-Fi interference causing the problems.

Split the SSID's on the router, this will allow you to give the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network bands different names, so your Wi-Fi devices will then see those two networks separately, you can then try connecting to one or the other to see if one gives a more reliable connection than the other. Doing this in itself won’t fix the problem, but it makes it easier to troubleshoot as you can easily see what device is using what band.

Change the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

If trying the above makes no difference then it may indicate an issue with the router, the staff here would be able to help with that.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.