Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed and losing connection

Robin
Team Player
Message 32 of 32

Hello, I've got very low speed internet especially in evenings last 7 days. Sometimes I'm losing connection. For me is very annoying because this is the time for my daughter watching cartoons. Can anybody give me a contact for someone who's going to fix it please? I don't want to pay money for nothing.

Thank you and have a nice day. 

Robin 

Robin
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi Robin

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Robin
Team Player
Message 2 of 32

Hi Debbie 

I told you I've already tried brand new router and same problem. 

Now I'll wait a week for new router to find out it's not working and then another month for engineer as it was when I started with you. I can't be without internet because I need it for my work. So send me a engineer ASAP please. Today the internet doesn't work at all.

Sorry but if it won't be sorted in few days I'll have to go to different provider. 

Robin
0 Likes

Message 3 of 32

Hi Robin

Please let us know once the new router is connected and we can run another line test.

If you are experiencing the same fault then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Robin
Team Player
Message 4 of 32

That's shame I can't browse and download with this snail download speed in same time 😞

Can anybody give me a call please? Some manager or someone like that.

Last two months I've got problems with connecting. It affect my work and free time. Anybody have to come and see how does it work or I'll have to go to different provider. The speed is totally somewhere else than you promised from the beginning but ok it was working. Now I can't download and browse in same time and connection fail all the time. It seems to me it's going down the hill. And I don't pay low money for this broadband. 

Robin
0 Likes

Robin
Team Player
Message 5 of 32

And I've tried different router. And problem is still the same - no internet connection red flashing light 

Robin
0 Likes

Robin
Team Player
Message 6 of 32

Now there is no internet connection so router is flashing with red light. 

Robin
0 Likes

Robin
Team Player
Message 7 of 32

Hi Karl. I've done speed test on this web and it says 32,6 Mb/s download and 0,4 Mb/s upload. Why this connection losing half of speed between router and device on download? And upload is total fault.

Thank you 

Robin
0 Likes

Message 8 of 32

Hi

All tests are now showing clear. I've a new router on the way to you so we can rule out a hardware fault before we progress towards an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Robin
Team Player
Message 9 of 32

Yes, thank you 

Robin
0 Likes

Message 10 of 32

Hi Robin

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Robin
Team Player
Message 11 of 32

Hello. I've just arrived from holiday and  the internet is very slow. I can't download and browse in same time, I've tried it on different devices too same problem. Download speed is around 2 MB/s and it's slow. I don't want to pay for unstable broadband 😞

Robin
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 32

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the update. If the connection is now stable at the test socket then this would indicate a possible issue with the faceplate or any internal wiring connected to the line.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 32

All right that's what I've done. Since that time a had no disconnecting so where problem could be? 

Robin
0 Likes

Message 14 of 32

Details are towards the bottom of the page we provided a link to, see here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

Message 15 of 32

I don't know how. Sorry

Robin
0 Likes

Message 16 of 32
So the 5C does have a test socket inside, so it would be good to connect your router to that using a microfilter, to see if that gives you a more reliable connection.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

Master Socket 5C from openreach

Internet is not working again 

Robin
0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

Hi Robin,

Could you take a look at the master socket guide and let us know which type of master socket you have

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 32

Hi Robin,

Could you take a look at the link provided by Skynet_TX and let us know which type of socket you have

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

And again I've lost connection. So how long I had internet? One hour? That's awesome. I want to pay you double price for it.... Sorry I'm upset. 

Robin
0 Likes