Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed and losing connection

Robin
Team Player
Message 32 of 32

Hello, I've got very low speed internet especially in evenings last 7 days. Sometimes I'm losing connection. For me is very annoying because this is the time for my daughter watching cartoons. Can anybody give me a contact for someone who's going to fix it please? I don't want to pay money for nothing.

Thank you and have a nice day. 

Robin 

Robin
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32

Hi @Robin ,

Info on how to tell if you have a test socket, and how to access it can be found here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

Sorry but I don't know what is test socket so probably not. But I can see router in wifi search but there is no connection to internet. So in router is electricity. 

Robin
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 32

Hi Robin,

If the connection is unstable then this can affect the speed. Does your main socket have a test socket as we will need to look at the stability first?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 32

But the speed is 35mb/s and it should be around 60 I think.

And another question is why the speed od my device is only half speed? I've done measuring couple days ago and it was 60 on router and 30 on device. Why? 

Thank you for response. 

Robin

Robin
0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

It's working now. For a while 

Robin
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 26 of 32

Hi Robin,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is still clear, however I can still some re-connections on the line. If the main socket does have a test socket then if possible please can you connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket so we can see how the stability compares. If the connection is still unstable following this then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

By the way today I'm without connecting all day. I have to text you with mobile internet. Such a lovely day. When you need broadband for work. 

Robin
0 Likes

Message 28 of 32

Photos are dated 

12.05.21 - 17:51,19:36

13.05.21 - 11:23, 12:02, 13:08

17.05.21 - 13:08, 14:23, 15:00

18.05.21 - 19:05

19.05.21 - 12:27

And many times I haven't took a picture. I just went away from internet. 

It's annoying when I can't do nothing without lost connection every day in any hour. 

Robin
0 Likes

Message 29 of 32

Hi. I've got many pictures of lost connection while I was working or watching something on YouTube in last 7 days. I can send you the pictures on your email address. Just give me an address please.

And the problem is about last three weeks. So I'm paying you money for nothing.

Socket is OK. That reconnections was because I was trying everything to have a connection for which I pay. 

Thank you 

Robin
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 30 of 32

Hi Robin,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see some re-connections on the line. Does the main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 31 of 32

Hi @Robin ,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.