Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVED HOME, ENGINEER VISITED, STILL NO INTERNET

kreestootia
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hello. We moved to new place on 12th of July. Going live date was 19th. OpenReach engineer came and did something, he left saying that everything is fine. Next minute i try to log in to wi-fi, the error window come up saying ‘connectionerror.testingbb.com You do not have permission to view this directory or page’ . I called  talktalk straight away, they said wait till the next day. Ok. The next day still the same, called them again- wait 48hours… called them again after two days- wait 3-5days.. called them again two days ago-wait another 48hours. i am supposed to call them again today as there is still no broadband and the line is not working.. everytime I call they say that team is working on it. I mean like WTF?!? Anyone knows what’s going on? As i really think to change

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

That’s what he wrote here now.. but on the phone I was told completely different things-that from the Openreach view everything is fine, the problem is on talktalk system.. as I was told in the first few days, that I have no internet because on one of their platforms the order was closed, on the other it was in progress.. so they never mentioned that they are going to contact openreach. Of course I am worried now that maybe i made a mistake cancelling this order, but we will see in few weeks time.. 

Message 2 of 10

Also, if the issue is waiting for Openreach to do some work (as Karl appears to suggest), then moving to another ISP who uses the Openreach network won't necessarily get your service up and running any sooner.

0 Likes

kreestootia
First Timer
Message 3 of 10

I was with TalkTalk for the last 5years or more, didn’t had any big issues (at least I don’t remember now). But now since we moved ve changed previous broadband to fibre one. How should I know that there will be such a big problem?! If i knew i would have changed the company straight away.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 4 of 10

If you rely on the Internet to do your job, you should use a Business Broadband service not a residential service.

Retired the 11 years old Dell, new one is an Inspiron 3881 running Windows 10 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

The order management Team here do contact Opereach for updates for us, but if you have decided to cancel and placed the request, then our Customer teams will assist with this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

kreestootia
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

Interesting.  As I just called Order management team, and was told to wait again 5-7 days.  So I asked to cancel the order and I am leaving TalkTalk for good.

Message 7 of 10

Hi

The order management team I have escalated this to will have access to contact Operneach directly for more information, so we are just waiting for them to pick up this escalation and reply.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kreestootia
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

I know that my service is not live yet! You don’t have to tell me that.  Even the phone line is not working.  Maybe the Open Reach engineer has to come back and do something? I called myself to Order Management last week and this week again. I hear the same thing over and over again-wait! So who is going to pay for my mobile data allowance?!? I need internet to do my job! 

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Your service is not live yet, and there are open orders for your provision.

I've escalated to our order management teams to have a look.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips