Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS Catalina USB Drive

Horse_0101
Participant
Message 4 of 4

I installed MacOS Catalina yesterday and now I cannot access the external USB drive connected to my Router.  An internet search suggests this may be due to lack of SMB support in Catalina or lack of SMB Ver 1 support.   Anybody else had this.  I have tried all the fixes on the net I can find but still get stuck in a loop trying to enter the drive (share) name and password.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Thanks to everyone that answered.  I now have the new Talktalk Router so no USB connection. Problem fixed itself.  Yea right.....

0 Likes

nosuchuser
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 4

“I installed MacOS Catalina yesterday and now I cannot access the external USB drive connected to my Router.  An internet search suggests this may be due to lack of SMB support in Catalina or lack of SMB Ver 1 support.   Anybody else had this.  I have tried all the fixes on the net I can find but still get stuck in a loop trying to enter the drive (share) name and password.”

The solution is in Catalina release note

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Horse_0101,

Yes it could have something to do with SMB support, unfortunately I can't offer you much assistance with this but hopefully one of our other Community members can

Chris