Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro disconnections through wired connection

QotsaLottie
Participant
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

Over the passed month I keep having multiple disconnections from the Internet through a wired connection.

It will drop for a few minutes to 10 minutes multiple times.

Could there be a fault on the line? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi QotsaLottie

Thanks for your reply.

Ok I think we are best to progress this as a voice/landline fault as noise on the line can affect the BB connection.

I have escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

QotsaLottie
Participant
Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie, 

I would say you would notice it in a telephone conversation but could still talk.

No change with unplugging the router 

Message 3 of 12

Hi QotsaLottie

Thanks for your reply.

Is this noise loud enough to be heard on a telephone conversation? Is the noise still present if the router is removed from the line (just the phone at test socket)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

QotsaLottie
Participant
Message 4 of 12

Hi Michelle, there is a slight hiss on the line on both socket and test socket, if that's any help 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible voice fault. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does the main socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

QotsaLottie
Participant
Message 6 of 12

Hi Debbie, the original number was changed. The new main number is under alternative number (if that's any help). 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 12

Hi QotsaLottie

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm unable to locate any details with the telephone number in your Community Profile, have you added the correct landline number? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

LevelRed
First Timer
Message 8 of 12

I have this happening to me as well since Saturday. Constant intermittent disconnects anywhere between 5-30 minutes, lasting 30s to 15 minutes. Can't really do anything online without the connection dropping out, have tried a couple of different talktalk hubs, changed the cables, tried the test socket, talked to agents on live chat who said they tested my line but disconnected the chat and nothing has changed. Main PC is hooked up via Ethernet so I can't see interference being an issue

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

Ok, if the connection comes back again by itself (without you having to restart the router or the device) then this does not sound like one of the common causes for this model of router losing connection. But the staff here will be able to pick this post up tomorrow to investigate further, if they did feel it might be a fault with the router itself they would be able to arrange a replacement for you.

0 Likes

QotsaLottie
Participant
Message 10 of 12

Hi Skynet, 

The routers light stays white.

3 wireless connections and 2 wired will drop. Looking on the router page the Internet connection switches between on and off, but too quick for the light to react. The router is a talk talk WiFi hub (black with orange).

Will double check router status when it happens again but usually it's in the evening 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @QotsaLottie,

What do the light(s) do on the router when you have these disconnections, knowing this would help determine if the router is actually losing its connection to the internet and having to reconnect.

Do you have any other devices, do they lose connection at the same time.

What make / model of router do you have ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes