Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft Port

Message 7 of 7

TalkTalk - Brave 16_06_2021 21_16_25.png

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

This is a Minecraft issue, I am guessing that this SMP is not a DDNS server, try connecting using the router's public (its WAN) IP address. If that was 1.2.3.4 then try:-

1.2.3.4:25565

How are you testing this, from a different internet connection, because if you try from a device connected to your router & go out to the internet & back into the router, the connection will be blocked by the router. I always recommend using a phone, disconnect it from your Wifi & then try over mobile data.

Other than this, you need to contact Minecraft support, I cannot help you with a gaming issue only an IP networking one & that is working fine.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

On the port checker 25565 is "open,"and can you elaborate mean by tell it your public  ip adress

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi @Poop Fart Torepdo bIG MAN 

I assume that SMP is some sort of DDNS domain & if so are the people trying to access your Minecraft server connecting to that domain like this:-

Yourddnsdomain:25565

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

If TCP port 25565 reports open via something like:-

https://portchecker.co/ 

Then there is nothing wrong with the port forwarding from the internet to your Minecraft server running on your PC from an IP networking perspective.

This leaves only two possibilities:-

1. Something is wrong with the Minecraft setup on your PC, beyond the port being open, maybe some security settings?
  2. Something is probably wrong with the setup of this "Minecraft SMP". I have no idea what SMP is other than Survival Multiplayer. Perhaps you have to tell it what your public IP address is? 

Keith

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Can you shed any light on this one @KeithFrench ?

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!

Message 6 of 7

These are my port forwarding settings, I have allowed the 25565 Port through windows defeneder firewall proparly and when I come to connect to my minecraft smp with my public ip adress (or localhost) It does not allow me to, My 25565 port on the public ip is "open" I am really confuesd has to why this doesnt work somebody help me.

0 Likes