Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum speed

5TU77
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 15

Hi
Up to about 2 weeks ago my Internet speed was 0.85 Mbps now its down to 0.40 Mbps and close to unusable and will not support 2 ipads , and pages take ages to load.
I phoned up 2 days ago only to be told that my guaranteed minimum speed is actually 0.40 Mbps so they couldn’t help me, I explained that my speed has been 0.85 Mbps for a long time.
I have had this problem before 4 or 5 months ago, an open reach engineer was sent out and sorted the problem, seems a week before they had to renew cables in a manhole, and because I was on talk talk they couldn’t reset my Internet connection in the switch room it had to be done by talk talk, so he phoned up talk talk and asked them to do it, I actually got 1.2 Mbps for 2 weeks, then it dropped to 0.85 Mbps and stayed there till now, so I don’t understand what’s going on.
So like I said, I am now left with Internet that hardly supports 1 device, what do I do, can you help me.
Regards 5TU77

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

If you could bump the thread in a couple of days we'll see how it's getting on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Chris 

Will you let me know when optimisation is finished, so I can

Put back the the socket back together

Regards 5TU77 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

OK I've restarted the optimisation process. If you could leave your router connected to your test socket we'll see if DLM settles on a faster speed

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Chris managed to plug directly into the test socket so try to optimise now

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

OK thanks for trying, how many telephone sockets do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi

I took the socket front cover off and plugged the router directly into the test socket, and waited for ages, but the broadband and Internet lights wouldn't come on,

I had to put the cover back on to get any Internet 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Could you connect your router to the test socket and we'll try optimising again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi

There is a slight noise on the phone but not excessive 

The main socket does have a test socket

Regards 5TU77 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that the sync speed has dropped slightly due to a high number of errored seconds on the line. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does the main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Debbie

I seem to be having problems again with the speed, it's not been good over the last few days, with speeds as little as 0.1 at times, certainly no where as good as when you optimised my connection.

Regards 5TU77 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi 5TU77

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Debbie

Many thanks for your quick response

I have done a few speed tests and now at the moment my speed now is around 0.80, so optimising my connection has helped, pages now opening quicker.

I will monitor this improvement over the next few days, and get back to you.

Many thanks for doing this it is much appreciated.

Regards 5TU77 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi 5TU77

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've optimised your connection and the line is now in sync at just over 1mb.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Goodness me, you must be on an ADSL connection a long way from your exchange. Is an upgrade to FTTC not available to you? Otherwise, your only option would be to follow government guarantees as outlined by Ofcom here:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/broadband-uso-need-to-kno... 

0 Likes