Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem router 5364 PORT FORWARDING ISSUE. IS UPNP AUTO ENABLED?

Badgershedge
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Unable to open port 44158 no matter what i try. Seems like this router might have uPNP enabled and no way to turn it off. 

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

UPnP is definitely configurable in V130.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Badgershedge
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Yes thats the same one I use,  I'll check the device( does not use static config.) I'm sure you used to be able to turn upnp on and off at will. Wonder why they removed it?. Hopefully it will return in v130.  

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 7

The fact that UPnP cannot be disabled until firmware V130, will not affect manually configured Port Forwarding.

This is the rule I used & I tested it on two different PCs & it opened fine:-

TCP 44158.png

If yours is the same, then this would point to a possible configuration issue on your device that you are trying to forward this port to. How does it get its network configuration, automatically via DHCP or is it statically configured on this device?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Badgershedge
First Timer
Message 4 of 7

its tcp

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 7

Yes of course @Michelle-TalkTalk, I did ask @Badgershedge to create this thread.

I have tried this with another customer trying to forward the same port & it worked first time on my laptop. I am waiting on that customer to tell me if port 44158 is TCP or UDP, as that will affect how you test it. 

Keith

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Would you be able to offer any assistance please?

Thanks