cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Moved to new home but no broadband yet

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Moved home and supposed to be live from 18th. Engineer from open reach came and prepared everything but he told me, there’s a problem with the cable between cabinet. He notified some others and he told me that maximum in couple of days I’ll be live. So far, nothing. 

Today received a phone call from someone named Aisha from TalkTalk. She asked me security questions and in the address, told her my new home address and the first 2 letters of my postal code, as I still haven’t memorise it yet. She told me she can’t continue, I need to go to my profile and when I know my details, to call her back. Customer service, 0 . I’m disappointed. I even mentioned my old address to prove her it’s me, nothing. By the way, she called me, not me so she could be little more flexible. I presume the call was to inform me something important but looks like, she didn’t want to talk. Ruined all my wonderful experience with TalkTalk for over a year now. I’m writing this message from a friends phone as I don’t have data on my phone.  I wish someone from TalkTalk could solve quick my challenges 😢

Christos
Highlighted
Community Star

Chat is available any day, core hours 9am-6pm, @Christos_Christoudas. Links from here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Staff will not be back on here before Monday and it can take a couple of days to get a reply. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted

Tried the chat service today during Saturday’s working hours without success. Tried to enter all day. I understand the understaffed due Covid and lockdown but all day trying made me more miserable. 

Christos
Highlighted
Community Star

I know  - there's nothing quite so horrible and frustrating as a bad technology day, @Christos_Christoudas.

Staff simply are not here.

The call and Chat centres were badly affected by the recent typhoon in the Philippines  - and all on top of the lockdowns we are experiencing. 

The quickest way to get help on the forum is NOT to post further until you get a reply. Each post pushes your thread back in the workflow, as they will start catching up from oldest to newest posts. 

Please wait for an OCE to reach your thread. 

Gliwmaeden2