Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Moving house with TalkTalk

5 REPLIES 5
jennamhalligan
First Timer

I found out on 21st January that I was moving house on the 28 th January so one of the first things that I did was contact Talk Talk as I wanted to be left without internet for as little time as possible. I am a teacher and I work remotely from home a lot on the evenings and having no internet would really affect this. Plus I have 2 kids with no knowledge of life without internet!!

I had an engineer booked in to install fibre broadband on the 31st of January which I thought was acceptable. Then I was told I would get a call from TT as there was a problem. To cut a long story short,  when I finally insisted on speaking to someone after a lot of toing and froing,  I was told there were no ports left for fibre optic so that order would have to be cancelled and a new one raised for regular broadband and the earliest it could be installed was 5th February.  I was really annoyed about this and complained but was told that was how it was. 

Then I got an email. Good news.  I didn't need an engineer and would just go live on the 5th. I was dubious about this but my new flat had a phone line so accepted this.

Come the 5th I had an email. Your service is live.  It wasn't.  After a very painful conversation with the call centre,  I am now waiting to hear back from an engineer  - it should be Monday at the latest but not holding my breath. 

I'm wondering when I'm actually likely to be up and running??? 

I've moved in to a block of flats where the previous tenants had a BT line installed but it has not gone live.                                

It has now been almost 3 weeks since my first call and I still have no internet!            

Jenna Halligan
Community Team

Hi @jennamhalligan

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

jennamhalligan
First Timer

Yes please! I have updated my profile. Thanks

Jenna Halligan
Community Team
Lukasz Pomykala
Chatterbox

I have similar problem like above. Waiting from 23rd August for my welcome pack after moving home. After few chats and hours with consultants i am very confused. All of them are laying. Waiting for my new router...

Community Team

Hi @Lukasz Pomykala

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie