Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My broadband keeps disconnecting

32 REPLIES 32
IngaV
Team Player

I've had broadband with talktalk for 2-3 years. Mostly fine. About 2 weeks ago it started cutting out. The router red light comes on and there's no connection. Redirects me to a "lets get you set up" splash page.

router : HG633

Community Team

Hi IngaV,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

IngaV
Team Player

I did. 

I just lost connection 3 times while updating my profile and answering to this post..... Just so frustrating. 

Community Team

Hi IngaV

Apologies for this.

Please can you also add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

IngaV
Team Player

It's never used but sure. I did. 

IngaV
Team Player

Yesterday I was chatting to live support and I was told to disconnect everything for 30 minutes to generate new IP address, I dit that... That fixed it for about 2 hours I had stable connection and then it started dropping again.. even worse then before. 

Community Team

Hi IngaV

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault. Would it be possible to make a call using your landline to check this is working ok? (any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

IngaV
Team Player

Unfortunately I don't have anyway to check that. 

Community Team

Hi IngaV

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this can affect the BB connection and has to be investigated first.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone just for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

IngaV
Team Player

Sorry, I just checked with my neighbors they dont have one either. 

Now when I lose connection, the internet light doesnt go red it just says your connection is not private and doesnt let me access any websites. 

Community Team

Hi IngaV

I can see re connections on the line.

Do you have a different router that you can test with at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

IngaV
Team Player

I don't have another router. 

Community Team

Hi IngaV

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

IngaV
Team Player

When ever I get a replacement router it's the same thing. It's just to delay the process of actually fixing it...

But sure, why not... If that dont work, I'm just going to leave, nothing but issues with talktalk

Community Team

Hi IngaV

Ok I can raise this over to our Network Team. Just to advise if you are experiencing a fault with your landline service then the BB engineer may not be able to resolve this fault and this may then require a different engineer visit.

Are you happy for me to raise the intermittent connection fault over to our Network Team for investigation?

Thanks

Debbie

IngaV
Team Player

yes

Community Team

Hi IngaV,

I've passed the intermittent connection over to our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

IngaV
Team Player

ok, thanks!:)

Community Team

Hi IngaV,

The fault has now been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

IngaV
Team Player

Good morning. Any updates?