cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My broadband keeps disconnecting

Community Team

Hi IngaV,

Once the fault has been passed to BTOR for investigation we have to allow 48-72 hours for the investigations to be fully completed. If you don't hear anything more by tomorrow then please let us know and we can ask our Network Team for an update.

Thanks

IngaV
Team Player

It's been 48 hours and the issue is worse then it was... 

Community Team

Hi

Openreach have advised they have repaired an external line fault.

Is the broadband still dropping, is this over a wired connection ?

Thanks

Karl. 

IngaV
Team Player

It was better during the day yesterday, but it started to drop connection again at around 9pm. Yes my computer is connected via ethernet cable. 

Community Team

Hi

Ok, and can you tell me if there is any noise or interference on the landline so I can advise our network teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

IngaV
Team Player

unfortunately I don't have any way to check that. 

IngaV
Team Player

Just spend some time looking at ther router when it goes down, both the broadband light and internet light goes dark.

Community Team

Hi IngaV,

I've passed this back to our network team for further investigation, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

IngaV
Team Player

accidentally pressed best answer, I hope this does not close this thread. 

It was stable for almost 4 hours yesterday evening and then it started dropping again every 5 minutes.

Community Team

No it hasn't closed the thread, I'll let you know when I have an update from our network team

Chris

Community Team

Hi IngaV,

Our network team have escalated this to Openreach as a non-appointed task, we should receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Chris

IngaV
Team Player

Update..

I had 2 engineers come today, they fixed the issue. It's stable and fast again. 

Community Team

Hi IngaV,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks