Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet is down for 7 days now

orangemachine
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

This is unacceptable. I work from home and need internet so I get paid. The internet is interrupted completely for 7 days now.

I reported it and called several times talk talk and they don't know what is faulty. They sent an engineer and received a notification saying the internet was going to be back on Monday but this was a lie. They could not find a fault. More tests done of Wednesday, not sure where the fault is so they sent a a new router, then they are planning to have the engineer again going to the site. All this waiting is destroying my job and I'm not getting paid for not having internet.

I need to get compensated for not getting paid in my job and all my expenses. Also I want to escalate this to the person responsible for all these delays.

Talk talk should be ashamed. I will never ever recommend talktalk to anyone.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi orangemachine

I'm so glad to hear this.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

orangemachine
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

The internet is back on. The engineer was here on Saturday

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi orangemachine

The line test is not detecting any faults and your line is showing in sync and connected.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Just wait for staff to reach your thread  before posting further, @orangemachine, as you need to keep this moving forward in their workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

orangemachine
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

I did complete my profile.

I see about the compensation. Talktalk does not take responsibility for their services and it is.not accountable. I feel treated terribly by talktalk.

All I want is an engineer to come today to my house, bring the router or whatever needed and fix the internet. Im sure this is going to be on and on for a lot longer and it is now unbearable.

I want to leave talktalk but have not done so believing everytime the internet will be fixed tomorrow. However tomorrow comes and the internet is still down.

They don't work.over the weekend so the internet will not get fixed over the weekend. I could work over the weekend to compensate lost days during the week but of course this is not.going to be possible.

No wonder talktalk has so many bad reviews on trustpilot.and other review websites. That's how you lose customers

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

@orangemachine, the service comes with certain Ts&Cs (see the link at the foot of the page) which doesn't cover you for loss of income, but loss of service does trigger compensation which is set at a higher rate than a pro-rata rate would have been:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Please complete your community forum profile details, so that staff can identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch Profile Wizard. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday. Please look out for their response. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes