Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wifi isn’t working with VPN but works on 4g

Luq098
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have a Talktalk wifi and I haven’t had problems connecting to the VPN in the past but recently I can’t seem to connect to VPN. When I try to connect using 4g I have no problem, it’s just when I try to connect on wifi it doesn’t work. After trying to connect on NordVPN it just says Error Timeout. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Luq098

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Luq098,

What make / model of router do you have, some of the older routers (particularly D-Link models) can be a bit temperamental with VPN access.

There are also a few tips here to help troubleshoot VPN issues. If the staff here thought the problem was due to your router they would be able to arrange a replacement.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

@katysharp If you would like help from the staff here you would need to start your own topic, as they can only help one customer per topic. You would also need to complete your community profile as described above.

katysharp
First Timer
Message 3 of 4
I am having exactly the same issue. Spent half of today on the phone to talk talk and am no further on in resolving it.

Only been happening since the bank holiday for me. If I do manage to connect to the VPN then I cannot connect any other device...
0 Likes