Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAUGHTY LIVE CHAT HOST MAKING THREATS

RogerD57
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

Ive just spent ahour online talking via chat with someone called ACHRONSHEM Ive had an engineer out and they have said my router is faulty. I tried to get this resolved done a load of tests again online and guess what the same results. I told the chat host at least six times the engineer has said its the router. Getting nowhere quick I asked for disconnections he then started making threats that I would have to pay a disconnection fee,I pointed out to him having spent a lifetime in law that its a breach of contract that I am entitle to terminate if the contract is not being fullfilled he then cut me off.

SO TALKTALK A FULLY TRAINED ENGINEER HAS SAID ITS THE ROUTER ITS ONLY 7 MONTHS OLD ARE YOU GOING TO REPLACE IT FOC OR DO YOU WANT TO CARRY ON WITH THIS FIASCO.

RogerD57
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi RogerD57,

I'm really sorry to hear this. We usually advise between 3-5 days for the router to arrive, however it usually within 2 working days so hopefully you will receive this today or tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Karl.

Thank you for your reply,the chat host was very rude even though I told him that an openreach engineer had been tested my line and identified the router as the problem. I have 40mbps at the socket and at times only 10mbps coming out the router.The router is 1 mtr from the socket  and I have only my desktop connected. Prior to this I have run all my tests as did the Openreach guy.

To make veiled threats to customers is not good.When someone tells you that you will be charged for terminating your contract etc etc I think they need to understand that in English law a contract is between two or more parties and if one of those parties does not comply with the contract then there is a breach of contract and the other party can leave without any penalty.

Therefore if the service (in this case) is so poor and not what you have been promised you can leave.

My router is the new wi fi hub which I paid for last year so its no where near a year old as you will see by my account if you have access.

Can you tell me when you intend to post out a new item. Someone at TALKTALK needs to get a grip on the situation otherwise you will end up even worse in the complaints ratings.

RogerD57

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Roger,

I'll get the router swapped out for you and we can then see if there are any connection issues.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Roger, we dontd have the benefit of the transcripts of your chats. Could you please outline the problem you are having with your router?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes