Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO INTERNET ACCESS WHEN CONNECTED TO VPN

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 20 of 20

Hi.

I am to work from home for the foreseeable future due to this coronavirus and have a VPN for my company laptop. When I connect to the VPN I am able to access the company network, however I lose internet access. When I disconnect from the VPN, I immediately regain internet access - I have tried this countless times to observe this pattern.

My VPN used to work perfectly fine with my previous broadband, and VPN works perfectly well with my mobile network and company's router as well. I am facing this issue with talktalk broadband only.

I have tried speaking with talktalk support in last one month however no luck with them.

A few details:

The VPN is F5.

When connected to the VPN the message is: Unidentified Network; no internet access.

The issue persists even when connecting to router via ethernet cable.

My router is D-Link model DSL-3782.

I do not know if my firmware is the latest.

My internet connection remains working on other devices (mobile phones) even when the VPN is connected on my laptop - it is just the laptop that loses internet connection.

I have tried resetting the router by pressing the "pin-hole" button and it did not fix the problem.

My VPN is set up correctly, I have used it in other locations outside of my home with other ISPs and did not experience any internet access problems.

Not one of my colleagues, who are using the same VPN, have had this issue with their ISPs. This is a TalkTalk problem.

My contract with TalkTalk for what I believe is unlimited & unrestricted internet access is not up for another couple of months. 

This is severely impacting my ability to do my job and is unacceptable. TalkTalk, please help!

Thanks.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi sunita_panghal,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 2 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk please use the number I shared via personal chat.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

It's showing that it's being held at the depot for collection by yourself, I'll try to arrange to get it redelivered, which number would you like us to give them, the mobile number in your Community Profile?

Chris

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 4 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk not really. We do get constant deliveries from Amazon, royal mail and other courier services. Never had this kind of problem. Also you can provide my personal number to courier company in case they need to contact me when they are around.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

It does look as though the courier has tried to deliver, do you usually have problems with deliveries? Is the address hard to find?

Chris

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 6 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk No I haven't received any communication. Also I work from home so I stay at home all the time.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Just to confirm, there's been no card pushed through your door?

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 8 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk No I haven't received any communication from any delivery service.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi sunita_panghal,

Could I just ask, have you had any contact from the delivery service (Yodel)?

Chris

Reynolds11
First Timer
Message 10 of 20

Right-click the VPN connection that you want to change, and then select Properties. Select the Networking tab, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the Components checked are used by this connection list, and then select Properties. Select Advanced, and then clear the Use default gateway on remote network check box.

0 Likes

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 11 of 20

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk , I haven't received the new replacement router. Could you please check ?  

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi sunita_panghal

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've checked and the router has been ordered. Please let us know if you haven't received this by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 13 of 20

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Its been more than 48 hours but I haven't received the new replacement router. Could you please check ?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 20

Hi sunita_panghal

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have ordered the replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi sunita_panghal

Apologies, you should now be able to send a Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 16 of 20

@Debbie-TalkTalk I am getting 404 when trying to message you privately. Could you please send me a message first so that I can reply to that message.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi sunita_panghal

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

sunita_panghal
First Timer
Message 18 of 20

@Michelle-TalkTalk  that would be great Michelle, if you could send latest router, I would try and test my VPN with that.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 20

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a different make and model of router for testing purposes? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks