cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Need my SNR resetting

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

My broadband speed has been slow for few weeks now and started dropping out altogether. Had an Outreach engineer out last week to fix a fault on the line and which cured the dropouts but the speed is still slow. My current speed is barely 3mbps and the engineer said my line should be capable of about 10Mbps and that I need my SNR resetting (usually get between 6 & 8 mbps). I've tried both the online chat help and the text version but get nowhere. I just keep getting asked the same questions over and over again then the conversation seems to stop and someone else takes over and it all just starts from the beginning. All I want is my SNR value resetting to see if it cures the problem but no-one seems to be able to do that for me. So frustrating when you're trying to work from home.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @cookiemonsta500 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cookiemonsta500

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've optimised your connection and the sync speed has increased from 4mb to 10.2mb

Please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Debbie & @KeithFrench  I've just checked and I'm now getting around 8Mb which is as good if not better than it has ever been. Thank you so much for sorting it out for me, it's been a stressful couple of weeks trying to keep everyone in the house happy.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cookiemonsta500

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂