Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Need my profile reset

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

A few hours ago an Openreach engineer fixed a fault on my line.

He said that within one hour my profile would reset and take my speed from 1.4 back up to around 9.

This hasn't happened and there's no way to contact TalkTalk as understandably they have closed their centres

PLs can anyone help?

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi Paulm3 

If the fault has been fixed and you're on a non-fibre connection then the Strategic Dynamic Line Management (SDLM) will be monitoring the line and will make a change overnight.  This change is usually between 2am and 3am.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Lovely thanks for your help.

Need it for work.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Paulm3 

You're welcome.

Just keep the router powered and connected 24/7 and recheck in the morning to make sure SDLM has moved the speed upwards.  The speed might change in steps rather than in one go.  Let us know if nothing has changed and we'll ask TalkTalk to check the line.

Highlighted
First Timer

Ok thank you, I'm not holding my breath 😀

Highlighted
Community Star

...Yes, carry on breathing normally.  Monitor the blood pressure and if the blood boils then post back and we'll triage.

Highlighted
First Timer
Morning,it has not improved, on 2.1 mbps
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Paulm3 

The line should have had a disconnect around 5 or so hours ago if SDLM has started to recover the line performance.

Carry out just the one power off of the router and switch on again after a minute.

Then check the sync speed.  Then leave the router powered and connected.

I've requested the TalkTalk team to take a look at the line performance and if deemed necessary to start a line reoptimisation sequence.

If the router isn't connected to the Master Socket then just a heads up that they may request you try that and possibly connect via a microfilter to the hidden Test Socket (if there is one) to rule out any issue with the Master Socket faceplate.

Your guide to master sockets 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paulm3

I've optimised DLM for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE