Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract Problems

Macanta1967
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

I requested an upgrade to my Faster Fibre contract to Fibre 65 on Friday 28th May. On completion of my request I got "an error occurred" message instead of the confirmation page I expected. I thought I'd try again at a later date - I didn't want to submit another request in case it caused confusion. However, the next day, Saturday, I received an email to confirm a call boost would be active from Sunday but nothing about the Fibre 65. On Tuesday 1st June as I was about to start a meeting at 11am my Internet cut out without warning. After a frantic 45 minutes of checking the router, trying other routers, hard reboots, recabling, the Internet came back on. I guess that was the new contract kicking in. Some notice would have been nice as I missed a chunk of my morning work. Also, the Fibre 65 conditions indicate I would receive a TalkTalk black wifi router? Again, there's no sign of it arriving or any communication about it. And this evening I've just had a 2 hour internet crash and spent 2 1/2 hours on line with TalkTalk Twitter who were very helpful and sympathetic but found no fault. Seriously? Is this the best TalkTalk can do? Who do I refer this to? I feel like I've been on a Merry-Go-Round trying to get an email address or telephone number on the TalkTalk website. This should be so much easier.

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Macanta1967

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

If you have tested with a different router, cable and filter at the test socket and the connection is still dropping then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi,

Internet failed again this morning while my wife and I were working. It went offline for around 10 minutes from 9.20am to 9.30am. how can I progress this or escalate it please? We absolutely rely on the Internet for work so can't be having intermittent drop-outs.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hello,

Thanks for the update. How has the stability been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi,

Yes, I am still able to connect. We've had 2 disconnections since the new contract kicked in - the day the new contract started, for 40 minutes, and a week later for 2 hours. I also noticed that the Internet radio was disconnected from the WIFI one morning. Everything else reconnects automatically except the radio so there must have been a disconnection through the night a few days ago.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Macanta1967

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

Just to confirm, are you unable to connect at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11
Thank you for your response. I agree that the wording is misleading. I already have 2 Huawei HG633 routers from TalkTalk and these aren't very good. I upgraded my router about 3 years ago and the difference was amazing so I'm happy to stick with my own router - I'd just have liked some clear communication which was sadly lacking here. I've been happy with TalkTalk but find these issues unnecessary, avoidable and just tarnish their reputation.

I've updated my profile as you suggested and taken a note of the telephone number for future use if needed. I appreciate your reply. Thank you again.

Message 7 of 11
Thank you for this. I believe the issue is related to the upgrade in my contract. I got a letter from TalkTalk years ago with a new router which said that there may be intermittent disruption for the first 10 days. That was when I signed up at first. I experienced no loss of service at all. I'm disappointed this time round that I received no email, SMS or postal notification of any sort about the new contract or the possibility of any disruption. It's very coincidental that 2 outages occur - the first on the day of the new contract starting and the second a week later. I suppose I have to be thankful that the second (2 hour) outage didn't happen during working hours.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 11

Hi Macanta1967

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 9 of 11
If you currently have a router which is capable of running your fibre connection then no new Hub will be automatically sent out, Though can be arranged if your current router is faulty.

Have you tried running a Line test within Service centre? Also connecting your current router direct to test socket.

Please ensure your profile is up-to-date so a OCE can locate your account and assist with troubleshooting.
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

For help, use 03451 720046, 9am -7pm Monday to Friday; till 6pm Saturday; not open Sunday. 

Or use Chat. It shows a blue background when available:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

For help from forum staff, @Macanta1967, please complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

They'll reply Monday to Friday. 

Meanwhile you can check for any new information about your contract that should be updated in My Account. 

You will only get a new router if your current one isn't up to the job. The wording of this offer has been poor for many years. I've no idea why Talktalk has not been required to tighten up on it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.