Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DSL-3782 router blocking airprint and access to PVR box

jrdixon1
Team Player
Message 33 of 33

I have recently been sent a new router from talktalk DSL-3872 and ever since I have not been able to print from my iPad using airprint.  I either get a no printers found message, or very occasionally I can find the printer but then it hangs at ‘connecting to printer’… but never prints.

I have googled this problem and it seems that others have the same.  

Swapping over to a v v old router I have, AirPrint works perfectly, so there is obviously some setting on the new router that is blocking it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I also have a Panasonic  Freeview PVR , my app on the iPad which used to connect to the box to view recorded programs now no longer works (it cannot see the PVR on the network) I am assuming this is the same problem?

any advice would be greatly received.  I am beginning to wish I had kept my old router and not sent it back to TT 😕

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Hi

glad this is working for you now.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 33
Thanks Debbie, new router arrived an both pvr and printer seem to be working.

Thanks
0 Likes

Message 3 of 33

Hi jrdixon1

The router is on its way and a returns bag for the Huawei hub.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 33
Yeah we can try that! Thank you

Message 5 of 33

Hi jrdixon1

Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub to see how the connection compares with this router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 33
Hi,

Correct… I have split the SSIDs and still not working.

On the vary rare occasions it does work…. It is very slow to see the PVR. I managed to get it working once this morning and it took 8mins for the PVR to be seen.

Using the old router it was only a matter of seconds.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 33

Hi jrdixon1

After you split the SSIDs, is this still not working if you connect to 2ghz and 5ghz?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 33

A gotcha, it's an app you're talking about! Have you tried the obvious of deleting and reinstalling it? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 33
Yeah I’m totally stumped now.

As mentioned I access the pvr through the Panasonic DIGA App to watch either Live TV or programs I have recorded.

The app is only ‘seeing’ the PVR sporadically…. More often not seeing it. Only seems to see it when I have either rebooted the router… but this on,y works about 10% of the time.

Usng the old router , I can connect 100% of the time so I know the PVR and Apple devices are working ok. 🤔🤷‍♂️
0 Likes

Message 10 of 33

Bit confused here now: why would/should the Apple devices see the PVR? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 33
Yeah done that.. no difference. Current position is that neither Apple device can see the pvr. The ‘rebooting’ the router fix also seems to be hit and miss. This time it didn’t work!
0 Likes

Message 12 of 33
Rebooting the router seems to get the PVR working again. But only once. After which it no longer identifies the device, and I have to reboot the router again
0 Likes

Message 13 of 33

Make sure the Apple devices "forget" the old wireless network settings from the previous router and then start again. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 33
Ok so maybe I spoke too soon….. it worked once .. and now has stopped working again on both iPhone and iPad. Tried re-combining and separating the SSIDs but to no avail
0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

Happy to help, glad it's sorted.  😊

0 Likes

Message 16 of 33
Ferguson…. You are a star!!! I have renamed the 5ghz SSID and it works straight away.

Didn’t work with the DSL-3782 router… so I deffo think there is something dodgy with that bit of kit.

But with the DG8041…. It worked like a dream.

Thanks!1

Message 17 of 33
Thank you… I will try that later today and let you know how I get on. I guess I can just disable the 5ghz … that would have the same effect?
0 Likes

Message 18 of 33

Try separating the SSIDs as per the help article here and then try and connect the PVR to the 2.4GHz network. 

Message 19 of 33
Ok… so I have just tried this wired…. And the player now works! Unfortunately due to the layout of the house I do have to have a wireless connection to the box.

So the problem is when the router tries to access the PVR wirelessly
0 Likes

Message 20 of 33
It is connected wirelessly .. have tried with both automatic and with a static IP address.

For info. I connect to the Panasonic DMR-BWT720 using their own ‘DIGA Player’ App on my iPad. However using both these 2 new routers the player cannot be found using the app. However works perfectly using the old HG521 Router
0 Likes