Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router, No Power

MattWeir
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Recently signed up to become a Talk Talk customer, my router arrived today and it is completely dead, will not power on at all. I have tested the power cable in multiple different sockets, all of which have been verified working with other devices, and it has not worked in any of them. None of the lights come on, no response at all. I do not have another power cable, so cannot verify whether it is the router or the power cable that is broken. Either way, not a great start to the Talk Talk experience. Am I able to get a replacement product sent out?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi MattWeir

Ok no problem.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie,

No it is okay, the replacement cable I have is working fine for the router and shouldn't be an issue

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi MattWeir

Sorry for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement router which will include new cables and a returns bag for your current router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

ok, the staff here will be able to send you a replacement when they are back on Monday if you want them to, but they would send out a whole replacement box with router and all cables, and a postage paid returns bag for you to return one of the routers.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

I have had a friend drop off another power cable, and it is working now with that one. Seems it was just the power cable that was broken, which is thankfully less problematic than the entire router being broken.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

Hi @MattWeir,

If your router is dead then the staff here or on the live chat should be able to arrange a replacement router for you.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat this evening or over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic on Monday if you still need them.

Message 7 of 9

I have tried this, and it hasn't changed anything sadly.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

@MattWeir  have you tried pressing the recessed RESET button for 30 seconds ?

0 Likes