Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TalkTalk router

Fuflekaz
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Dear Team,

I've been using your services for a long time with a custom (non-talk talk) router. It usually works fine as it allows me more flexibility in my setup (different Wi-Fi channels etc.). One niggle I've got is that everytime there are any infrastructure problems or fixes in the area my internet becomes unstable. For whatever reason, it always seems to improve if I connect my very old TalkTalk router (potentially it talks to your exchanges better than my TP-Link). The version of router I've got is Huawei HG633.

I was offered to upgrade this befoore but always refused to avoid waste, however, I wouldn't mind to test the newer version of the router to see if the stability issues I'm sometimes having would improve. What is the easiest way to order the TalkTalk router to be sent to me?

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Fuflekaz

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Fuflekaz
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for that 😉 I look forward to testing it.

Regards,

F

Message 3 of 7

Hi Fuflekaz

I've ordered a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

The staff here on the community can arrange replacement routers, but this would only generally be done if you were experiencing a problem with the existing one.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply ferguson. It has been a while since I looked into the settings. It does indeed offer the channel change option - managed to find it and move to less busy channels. I may use this for a bit and then decide what to do going forward. I would still appreciate to know what is the best option to order a router if anyone has an idea? I'd rather avoid calling if I can 😒

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

What problems are you having with the HG633? It offers full flexibility in its WiFi settings over both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. I am using one at the moment and it is working just fine.