Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wifi installed but speed of 5.4mbps - help!

laurenpos
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi, 

I had new Wifi installed about an hour ago by an engineer. However on connecting to the Wifi it's extremely slow - I can't even load a Google page - and broadband speed tests are showing 5.4mbps. 

Please can someone help? I tried calling the engineer but the number I've been given isn't working. I work from home so this is quite urgent. 

Thanks,

Lauren

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

laurenpos
First Timer
Message 1 of 7

Hi Debbie, 

That would be great, thanks. 

The engineer said it would be up and running in about 15-30 mins, but that the speed of the WiFi would be as normal. They said if I had any problems to call them but the number I've been given isn't a proper number, according to my provider. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Lauren

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Did the engineer advise that the installation was fully complete before they left?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Debbie, 

No it's plugged in and has been for about half an hour now. The engineer said he'd had to go through a slow line - not in terms of speed but in how long it takes to warm up - so I'm not sure if that affects anything?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Lauren

Is the router currently switched off as I can't see any stats for the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

laurenpos
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hi Debbie, 

Just added my information. I've also turned the box off for half an hour and then turned it back on, but there's no change. 

Best, 

Lauren

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi Lauren

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes