Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router not working

Paul Boakes
Participant
Message 20 of 20

Router displaying solid orange led after reset and hard reset , performed this due to some devices not connecting to wifi now router now have no Internet net help ASAP please.

PB
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

I have added the the tracking number to your account, if a charge is generated it will be cleared. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 20

@Paul Boakes, you've found out the hard way that the notification emails are from a No Reply address. 

You've not been ignored  - your replies just couldn't be received. 

You've done the right thing, posting back on here. Please look out for a response from @Arne-TalkTalk later in the week. All communication needs to be followed up on this thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Sorry I answered this question by returned email twice to Talktalk Help & Support, and no one has got back to me ?

The QR code 0B-041 553 1000-203 56038B

or the Bar code DA 5380 8578 6GB

Was posted back 27th October to Talktalk Returns 71 Bilton Way, Enfield Middx EN37EP

Can this issue now be closed and i won't be charged.

Regards

PB
0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi, Paul Boakes

Did you note down the tracking number on the returns bag? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 20

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, so staff will pick it up again,  @Paul Boakes.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Sorry 27 October 

PB
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi Debbie, Can you please help me, i have been sent email from Talk talk saying i will get charged for the router i have sent this back on the 27 June, can you help me with letting the right people know i have sent it back as i don't won't to get charged for it 

many thanks Paul 

PB
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi Paul

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

The latest firmware for the Sagemcom router is 130, our Products Team are in the process of rolling this update out to the routers in batches.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi Debbie 

new router arrived Saturday, all up and working , will send old one back this week, thanks for your assistance in ordering a new router , on a side note can you please tell me what the latest firmware is for the sage on router.

PB
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Paul

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Paul Boakes
Participant
Message 11 of 20

Great news, have to say the new one was working perfect never been so good , so just weird it’s stopped, I have powered it up again this morning and watched ping trace on the pc  and it keeps resetting , and going unavailable.thanks for all you help and ordering and new unit for me 

PB
0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Paul

Apologies again. You should hopefully receive the router tomorrow.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Many thanks again , lucky I kept hold of the hold one never got round to sending it back due to covid situations at home , at least we have wired connections for the weekend , but no wifi as that router keeps resetting at random times , something is better than nothing 

PB
0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi Paul

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 20

Can’t see how it can be anything else , left down powered for over 30 mins still not booting up correct no network name in wifi settings on any other mobile devices , and can’t connect to it on default ip, just rigged up my old router which kept dropping wifi and talktalk replaced in June had no problems since until tonight , no back on the old one so at least have wired connections to pc and Xbox, and limited wifi for the time being 

PB
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 16 of 20

Staff here should be able to pick this up tomorrow, if they agree that it sounds like the router has failed they will be able to arrange a replacement for you.

0 Likes

Paul Boakes
Participant
Message 17 of 20

Ok so lucky I still had my intermittent old style router in the loft , which the new one replaced 6 months ago , put that back in and now at least have some sort of internet , so the router is bust think it’s not even booting up, properly? Weird because it was all ok until I reset it, talktalk staff need new style router sent to me which was already a replacement on 10/6/2021 product number ttscomfast5364 ref 2000696078 order 319001533 

PB
0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Correct google speaker in kitchen no Internet on wifi and home imac wired connection no Internet but at that time still had internet, reset the router since then nothing powers up and can’t see router name in the wifi setting 

PB
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi @Paul Boakes,

You could try leaving the router off for over 30 minutes to force a new session.

So was the router connected to the internet ok (solid white LED), then you rebooted to try to resolve a Wi-Fi issue and now it is just a solid amber LED ?

When you tried the factory reset did you ensure you held the reset switch in for over 10 seconds ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes