Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New t's and c's email

Taylormade10
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I received an email asking me to chose one of 2 ways to agree to new updated terms and conditions or risk having my account deactivated, is this a scam or for real? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

In which case it is a scam and you should follow @ferguson 's advice..

0 Likes

Taylormade10
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

It says its from technical team, it says 'we recommend that you accept our new terms of service accept here

Or use the link below to accept our new terms.

Just looks weird, not addressed to me but to obscured for customer security others

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

Utter scam, don’t click on anything, forward it as advised here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Report-a-phishing-or-spam-email/ta-p/2223984

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 4 of 6

I agree with @Skynet_TX It sounds like a scam.  TalkTalk have recently been sending out some poorly worded emails to users they upgrading to fibre which have confused customers, but they have not required them to agree new Ts&C's.  You should check the email header to see it is really from TalkTalk, if not almost certainly a  scam.

Meanwhile if you ensure that your profile contains your phone number etc so a TalkTalk employee can check your account and hopefully give you a more definitive answer.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Potentially sounds a bit scammy, what were the two ways, did they involve providing sensitive info ?

0 Likes