would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New thread on intermittent internet

7 REPLIES 7
Pal353
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle.

Here is the new thread you requested in a private message.

After being told by the helpline consultant that the intermittent internet problem was caused by my non-TalkTalk router as the line speed test was fine, I asked for and quickly received a new one. I paid my IT consultant to talk to the helpline as I am old and deaf and have trouble understanding them. 
The new router arrived yesterday which was impressive. My man installed it and after a few minutes all seemed fine. So I paid him and regarded the problem as solved. But a few hours later it recurred. Only then, and this was my error, did I look at this section of the Community website and find that others in different parts of the country were having the same problem.

Yet again, I will pointlessly ask why helpline consultants are unaware of current issues experienced by a range of customers. The OCE’s have always been excellent but the company has a well deserved reputation for poor customer service. What I should do when my contract is up is switch to another company.

This morning all seems fine, so I hope a solution has been found. I have incurred unnecessary expense but hey, I have a new router which I didn’t need. 

Pal353
Community Team

Hi Pal353,

Thank you. I've checked the connection stats and I can see 2 re-connections in the last 48hrs. Would you say that the connection is dropping more often than this? Are you experiencing slow web pages? Are you connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

Pal353
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle.

The connections are both wired on two laptops and wireless on two iPads. The same fault, when it occurs, is on all devices. In the last 24 hours, I have been unable to contact certain websites or to get pictures on BBC News website on two occasions. At present, as I write this on my iPad, all is ok. In a short while, I shall see what it is like on my wired laptop. Hope this helps.

Pal353
Community Team

Hi Pal353,

Thanks for confirming this. We did see a few threads yesterday reporting a similar issue and this was passed over for investigation. The issue was then resolved early afternoon. Has this happened today at all? Would it be possible to monitor the connection for the next 24hrs and let us know how you get on please?

Thanks

Pal353
Wizz Kid

Thanks Michelle. All ok so far today. I will do as you suggest and monitor the connection over the next 24 hours.

Pal353
Community Team

Hi Pal353

Thank you 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Pal353
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie and Michelle

In the thread entitled “Internet speed ok but browsing slow” you report that there was a Network fault which has now been resolved.

I am pleased to report no further problems in connecting to websites over the last 24 hours.

I will ask again, just for the sake of it, why the staff on the helpline cannot be informed when a general fault like this occurs. They are supposed to be the first point of contact for your customers. On this occasion, had I been told that there was a network fault, I would have avoided unnecessary expense.

But thank you for your assistance. If I do decide to stick with TalkTalk, the help received from the OCE’s will be a principal reason for doing so.

Pal353
Community Team

Hi Pal353,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update. I will pass on your feedback on in regards to this.

Thanks 🙂