cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No BT cable will reach my top floor flat and I will have to cancel my nEw BB contract

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have been told that the extremely old BT socket is in the basement and it will take a team of three people to organise a cable to the outside and then up the wall to my flat, but also that it will need extensive drilling all over the house plus a visit from the surveyor. I don't own the property so am cancelling the contract quickly to be on the safe side. Has anyone had a similar experience? Nasty surprise it is. Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Retrospective 

The TalkTalk advice about your new line installation is here: About your new line installation.

It is important that you gain the approval of the property owner to any proposed works that Openreach wish to carry out.  Their survey will define the details for you to give to the property owner.

Best to get approval in principle from the property owner before proceeding.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I would like to return the router so that I do not get charged for it. I asked the Charline if they could send me labels and I was told they could not. I have not received any labels. Is there an address I can use. The postage is probably less than the price of the equipment. I would like to make sure it is safely received. Thanks if you or anyone can help me please. I cannot post anymore as I am a sightseer on this forum

Highlighted
Community Star

That's nonsense. I have asked the support team here to arrange a returns bag for you.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Retrospective 

The TalkTalk contract says "We’ll advise how to return equipment when you cancel. You’ll be responsible for the cost of return."

How did the agent advise you to return equipment?  They should have a written process to follow.

I'll ask the TalkTalk Team here to see if they have the address for new equipment returns. I think the normal returns bags go for recycling whereas you're returning new unused equipment. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you for your help, that is much appreciated! BW, Retrospective

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks very much for this. I haven't been sent any advice about what to do about returning equipment or how to return it, however I know Virgin wanted their gear back within 20 days to avoid a charge. Thanks, Retrospective

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Retrospective,

I can't send you a returns bag through the normal process as the account has been cancelled so the ordering system wont allow me to send anything. Leave it with me an I'll get back to you

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Retrospective,

I think I may have found a way to send the returns bag, I'll let you know when I receive confirmation that it's been sent 

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Retrospective,

OK, I've placed an order to have the returns bag sent, you should receive it within a couple of working days 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks Chris, you're a star!

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris 

The bag and label arrived today, much appreciated. The original box fits perfectly so tomorrow I'll post the gear via Royal Mail. Again, thank you for all your help!

Highlighted