Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband or Internet Connection Light

tyyran
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I started experiencing this yesterday, my routers Broadband and Internet connection light are not on. I have tried the physical troubleshooting techniques, unplugged and back in, on/off for 30mins, factory reset yet still nothing. I checked my system logs and found instances of system intrusion, I downloaded malwarebytes to my pc using my wifi hotspot and found 17 detections of potential malware yet still nothing. I also did a service status test through the talktalk website, which didnt detect any problems Would appreciate any help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi tyyran,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

You cannot stop any form of attempted intrusion attack on your router, that hasn't been previously blocked typically by the ISP. However, it will not be the cause of the problem you have currently. Have you tried the router connected to the test socket that is behind the master socket's removable faceplate (if you have that design)?

For your information, once this attempted attack comes into the router, it is blocked by the router's firewall. This firewall then sends a message to the router itself, telling it that this was blocked. The router then adds this for you to see in the log. It is not an indication of a malware infection on your PC.

That does not mean that you do not need the extra level of defence such as antivirus software and a personal firewall on your device.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes