Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet every evening and morning

vital1
Team Player
Message 35 of 35

Hi,

I'm currently losing my broadband speed every evening about 18:00. It comes back after a reboot but drops back every 40 minutes or so thereafter to close to 0 speed.  It seems to sort itself out at about 08:00-09:00 the following day. Router stays connected when the speed has gone.

This started happening about two weeks ago. I had a period like this about 2 months ago which then seemed to fix itself.

I've also been finding that even when download speed is good during the day, my upload can drop to 0.1 Mb which makes work difficult at the moment. Could you take a look?

thanks

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi vital1,

I'm really sorry about this, would you like me to rearrange the engineer visit for one day next week?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

Hi Chris,

An engineer did not come round yesterday. I did get an odd text on tuesday  from talktalk Service Status indicating I had a had an engineer call already (didn't come to the house). It was asking me to check my home setup as they thought I still had a problerm. I didn't bother as this is what I have been doing for the last few days. Is the fault still there. 

thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

I've booked the earliest appointment available - August 26 2021, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

OK thanks, I'll book the engineer and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

Hi Chris,

No noise on line.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Hi Vital1,

Thanks for answering the security questions, can I just ask if you are experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hi,

I accept the potential charges. Available 08:00 to 13:00. Not available this Friday.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

Hi vital1,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Yes please.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

Hi

Tests are still showing the loop fault, so the next option is for an engineer. Would you like to arrange this now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Hi Karl,

I have been away all last week. Router was left connected to the test socket with nothing  else connected (no phone or wired connections). I used a filter from the new router pack and new adsl cable so test on the 16th would have been as good as it gets. So it sounds like you are saying there is a fault with the socket or external.

thanks

Rob

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

Hi

Firmware has auto updated to the latest version.

Tests are showing a loop fault, that can be wires touching, a faulty socket or equipment. 

Can you connect the router only directly at the test socket and we can retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Hi,

Router arrived and is connected. I seem to have connected at a slightly higher speed. I'll leave connected to the test socket with nothing else connected. If some could test Monday morning that would be great. I notice it's on an old firmware version, SG4K10001400t and certain options seem missing like IP reservation. I guess this will update overnight.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Hi

Router is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Hi Michelle,

I don't have an alternative router. Please send one and I'll connect up.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Morning,

I've re-run the line test again now and it's still detecting the loop fault. Have you ever tested with an alternative router? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out. We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

Yes, test socket. Wifi is off, nothing is connected to the router and phone extension is unplugged.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Hello,

Can I just confirm, do you mean connected to the test socket? I'll run the line test between 6.30 and 7am tomorrow morning and will post back here once complete.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

That's fine. To confirm, I'll leave the router on and plugged into the microfilter at the master socket with no phone extension attached. Nothing will be connected to the router and I'll disable wifi.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to do this early tomorrow morning if that works for you? I start from around 6.30 so can run the line test early in the morning if that would help?

Thanks

0 Likes