Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Internet for 3 weeks

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
First Timer

no Internet for 3 weeks.  3 openreach engineer visits booked but they didn't turn up.  A new router which made no difference.  Made a formal complaint still not fixed.  I don't understand how this can go on for so long.  

Is this a regular thing with talktalk?

Report to ofcom next i guess.

Highlighted
Community Star

When you say you have made a formal complaint, was this to the CEO's office? If you have a reference number can you put this in the private notes field in your profile so the OCE can see it please. If this is the case you will have been given a dedicated phone number to call and I suggest you do so on Monday

A referral to the CEO's office means that staff here cannot intervene and offer help. However they may be able to refer your discontent back to them and ask them to make contact again.

For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
First Timer

No, I haven't made a complaint to the CEO office.  The complaint is being dealt with by someone called Caroline in durban I think.

Whether or not I have raised a complaint i just need my broadband fixed.  After 3 weeks its not too much to ask.

Does anyone know if there is a UK number I can call for help as the global call centres do not seem to be able to fix my problem?

Highlighted
Community Star

I suggest you hold on for staff here to run some tests for you. They will get back to you early in the week as they work normal office hours Monday to Friday.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
First Timer

I have had tests run about 10 times.  I have been told I need an engineer hence an engineer has been booked but not shown up 3 times.

Whether its Talk Talk or Openreach who keep messing it up I don't know but i just need it sorted ASAP.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi the_league,

I've sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Is your router currently connected to your Test Socket?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Just had a phonecall from the person dealing with the complaint and she said there is nothing else she can do openreach won't send an engineer and its just been escalated as it was twice before.  Stated I have to wait the usual up to 72 hours.  I waited this 72 hours before twice and nothing was done.

Still no broadband coming up to 3 weeks.

Why can't TalkTalk just get an engineer out to fix it?  Can anyone help at all?

Highlighted
First Timer
Also I have tried the test line on the socket and still the same. No, there is no interference on the phone line.
Highlighted
First Timer

Got another engineer booking for today via Julian on twitter.  Let's see if this engineer turns up!

Highlighted

Hi the_league

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Engineer turned up and fixed issue at the exchange.  Why the South Africa call centre is unable to do a basic thing like book an engineer is beyond me.  Really really poor service.  Bring customer service back to the UK!!

Highlighted

Hi the_league

I'm glad to hear that this fault has been resolved.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know on the Community and we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie