Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet for past 24 hours

Rumnt
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

Yesterday my router started flashing orange and the Internet has stopped working. I've turned the router off and on again, turned it off for 30 mins to reset the fibre line but still no luck. I've checked the service centre and it suggests that there is a problem with the broadband connection that an engineer needs to fix. It says an engineer may come to look at it in 2 to 3 days to run tests. 

Is there anyway that this can be resolved sooner? My partner and I wfh due to covid and risk loss of income, that we can't afford, without a reliable Internet connection.

I would appreciate any help. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

I'm showing the outage as cleared, but testing is picking up an issue on the copper side of the line. Possibly close to the premises.

Can you unplug all equipment from the socket and connect the router with a filter to the 'Test Socket' if there is one and I'll retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Rumnt
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

That's great thanks everyone for the help/advice. There still seems to be a problem in the local area as the connection is now dropping in and out and is incredibly unreliable, is there anywhere I can see an update on the problem in the local area? When I check the status of my open case in the service status there doesn't seem to be any update on the situation. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Rumnt

Openreach will work to fix this fault as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 4 of 6

@Rumnt wrote:

It says an engineer may come to look at it in 2 to 3 days

If Openreach are aware of the issue than I would assume that they are working to get it resolved as quickly as they can.

The "2 to 3 days" statement will be referring to the standard target time in which to get the fault fixed, not that they will wait for 2 to 3 days before thinking about looking into it.

@Rumnt wrote:

Is there anyway that this can be resolved sooner? My partner and I wfh due to covid and risk loss of income,

I don't think you get any special treatment because you work from home, you will have the same SLA as the rest of us on a residential broadband package. You should be able to get compensation if it takes longer than 2 working days to fix but no specific compensation for loss of earnings or any other consequential losses.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I've just tested the line for you via the Openreach portal and it's advised that the circuit is affected by an existing Network event.  That's their way of saying there is an outage on the openreach network affecting your service, but they are aware.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes