Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet on 1 device

sraybone
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

WiFi connections works on other devices, but one just 1 particular device (my phone), it shows "no internet" and will not connect. I have restarted and reset the router. There does not appear the option to reset the DNS settings on the router I have.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi sraybone

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

sraybone
First Timer
Message 2 of 12

Just to update that in the short time since my last post, the phones are now showing the "No Internet" message again when connected to the WiFi.

0 Likes

sraybone
First Timer
Message 3 of 12

@Michelle-TalkTalk We don't have a second router, no. If you could send one for testing that would be fine & I can return the other. 

Message 4 of 12

Hello,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear this. I still can't connect to the router. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes and a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

sraybone
First Timer
Message 5 of 12

@Michelle-TalkTalk I have done the factory reset. The phones* now don't show the "No Internet" warning, but every website gives a "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG" / "IP address could not be found" error. 

*(A friend's phone shows same behaviour as mine).

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Could you try factory resetting the router and then letting us know once this has been completed please.

Restore your router to factory settings

Thanks

0 Likes

sraybone
First Timer
Message 7 of 12

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk. I'm using the TalkTalk supplied router. It appears to be a Huawei, device version: DG8041W-2.T5.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi sraybone

Apologies for this.

I'm unable to connect to your router, which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

sraybone
First Timer
Message 9 of 12

Thanks @martswain. I followed this advice but the problem still persists, @Debbie-TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi sraybone

Have you tried the advice in martswain post?

Thanks

Debbie

martswain
Philosopher
Message 11 of 12

"Forget" the network on your phone, restart it and then try again.