Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet-regular occurrance

Kscarth
First Timer
Message 17 of 17

Nearly most mornings the Internet isn't working. The light flashes orange on the device and it is extremely frustrating. 

This has been happening for the past couple of weeks. Normally by 9am it seems to resolve itself. Is there any explanation for this??

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Kscarth

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Kscarth
First Timer
Message 2 of 17

I have tested at all points in the house and have the same problem. I have also spoken with other neighbours who are also with talk talk and incurring a similar issue which again has only incurred in the last couple of months. Please could an engineer visit as its becoming increasingly difficult to work from home with intermittent Internet.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Kscarth

I'm sorry for the delay.

I've completed another line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Have you recently tested with a different router at the test socket?

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 17

Leave it as is at the test socket all weekend until staff pick up this thread when they are back on here on Monday, @Kscarth.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Kscarth
First Timer
Message 5 of 17

We still seem to have intermittent problems, orange light flashing on the router. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Morning Kscarth

Thanks for your reply.

The line test is clear. Has the connection remained stable since the router was connected at the test socket?

Debbie

0 Likes

Kscarth
First Timer
Message 7 of 17

Morning 

I have put the router/phone to the test socket so you can test.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 17

@Kscarth, the test socket will be the one nearest to your front door.

See here for guidance:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

Even without a test socket, I have been asked to check equipment in the mastersocket.  It seems to help diagnose problems so that engineers are not sent out because of internal wiring faults. It's a process of elimination.

Kscarth
First Timer
Message 9 of 17

Hi I have tried a number of the sockets in the house and they all do the same, very temperamental! This seems to have only started occurring in the past couple of months?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks very unstable. Does your main socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for 48hrs so we can see how the stability compares please?

Thanks

Kscarth
First Timer
Message 11 of 17

Number updated!

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 17

Hi Kscarth

I'm sorry for the delay.

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 17

Staff will reply during the day, @Kscarth. It's a while since you first posted, so I'll re-escalate this thread into the workflow for their attention. 

Please keep a lookout for their response, as they may ask further questions that need replies etc.

Kscarth
First Timer
Message 14 of 17

Profile details updates. Still incurring the same problem.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

You have a fault. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?