Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet

Mar-ta
Team Player
Message 23 of 23

Hello, 

My Internet stopped working a few days ago. I checked all the cables and tried restarting the router a few times to no avail. 

Cam someone please help. 

Many thanks 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi Mar-ta

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 23

Hello Michelle, 

Many thanks for your message. Yes,  please send a replacement router.

Let me know if you need any further details from me. 

Many thanks 

Message 3 of 23

Hello,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi Keith, 

Many thanks for your assistance.  I reset the IP stack as suggested in your link. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem with Internet issues. 

Would you know who I need to contact with regards to a new router?

Many thanks 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 23

For Windows 7 try this:-

https://www.speedguide.net/faq/how-to-repair-and-reset-the-windows-tcpip-stack-272 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hello Keith  

Thanks for your reply. How do I reset the IP stack? And where would I find a network adapter? Isn't something that's built in?

Sorry if the questions are a bit daft.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 23

You are not being allocated or are not storing the default gateway IP address being allocated to your adapter. That is why you cannot access the internet.

Try resetting the IP stack on your network adapter & if that does not work then the problem is probably with the router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hello Keith,

Apologies for the confusion. I have redone it whilst connected to the router. Attached is the info.

Many thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 23

For this command to help find out why you cannot get internet access, you must issue it when connected to the router. Your tethered connection works so it will not show what the problem is. This also explains the strange IP address.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hello Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am not sure what's the router's IP address. Where do I check it?

The PC is Windows 7  - it's quite old.

I am also tethering off the mobile phone to get the internet on my laptop. And have run the config command whilst being connected to the mobile. Would this affect the info that I have supplied? Should I disconnect and then redo the same command

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 23

Assuming that your router's IP address is 192.168.25.246, it should work. With such an unusual router IP address, are you a TalkTalk Business customer? What version of Windows are you using on this PC?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hello Keith,

Many thanks for agreeing to look into it.

Attached is the file, as requested. I hope I've done all correctly. Couldn't attach a txt file, so saved it as a PDF. Please, let me know if you'd rather have it in a different format

Thanks again

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 13 of 23

Hi @Mar-ta 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. Please open a command prompt window (assuming a Windows OS) by going to:-

Start > Accessories > Command Prompt

In Windows 10, click the Window Icon & type:-

cmd

in the search box next to it. This should find the "Command Prompt" from there.

Once there, issue this command in the command prompt window:-

ipconfig /all

Then copy the command window output & paste it here.

To copy text from the command prompt, please see this site:-

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/copy-to-the-clipboard-from-the-windows-command-prompt/

Things are even easier in Windows 10, just highlight the text & press CTRL-C and paste it into Notepad (to try & preserve the formatting) & attach the file at the bottom of your post.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Is this something that you're able to provide assistance with please?

Thanks

Message 15 of 23

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.  The laptop is connected to the WiFi with no access to Internet 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 16 of 23

Is the laptop saying it is successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network, but still can't access anything on the internet.

Or is the laptop failing to even connect to the Wi-Fi network ?

0 Likes

Mar-ta
Team Player
Message 17 of 23

Hi,

Not sure if adding to this thread is the right thing to do,  but anyway..

Ever since that temporary glitch all the devices can access Internet via WiFi except for the laptop.  I am not sure what settings I should be checking or if this has something to do with the outdated windows version, but could someone perhaps help?

Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hello, 

Many thanks for your input.  The problem has now resolved on its own. 

Laptop and mobile phones are accessing Internet through WiFi .

The TV probably needs a change of settings.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 20 of 23

If you have a model of router that just has a single LED on the front, then if that LED is solid white it would be worth switching the router off for over 30 minutes, this will reset your session. If the internet still doesn't work when you switch it back on then you could try a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds (note that this will lose any settings you may have ever changed in the router).

0 Likes