Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Port Forwarding working and no static IPs (Firmware?)

Stewarts
Chatterbox
Message 19 of 19

I've recently joined TalkTalk and currently can't seem to set static IP's, nor do the port forwarding I have setup seem to work. I believe my Firmware is out of date, but I can't seem to work out how to update it (I can see the functionality, but need a file that is unclear how and where you retrieve it.

I work IT so have (I believe) tried all the obvious stuff, but happy to be told the basics to check.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 19

Hi @Stewarts 

If you need any other help with port forwarding, you only have to ask. One thing that I would add to the excellent comments made by @Piethorne is that whilst the Huawei supports NAT loopback, there are a bunch of external ports it cannot forward. I am hoping that problem will be rectified in a later firmware release for the Huawei.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Piethorne
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 19

The sagemcom doesn't support NAT Loopback, however you can access your devices on your LAN by using their IP addresses.

The huawei DG8041 (black hub) DOES support NAT Loopback, but certain ports produce an error when you try to specify them as external ports when port forwarding. You can normally get around this by port or url translation.

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.
0 Likes

Stewarts
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 19

I can but it seems like I can't access my own stuff, is there a way to enable Hairpinning?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi

The sagemcom router does have the latest firmware 2816t.

Are you able to access the settings within the router ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Stewarts
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 19

Replacement router in place!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Stewarts

Apologies for this.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know once the replacement router is connected.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Stewarts
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 19

Hi there,

Can do, I just wish things worked out the box.
Currently, I can't set static IP addresses, nor can I port forward... So if we can get this sorted with a test router that'd be helpful.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a different router for testing purposes? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Stewarts
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 19

Hi Debbie,

Can't find that setting but I haven't turned off anything on the router after the reset.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Stewarts

I'm really sorry we are having some issues connecting to your router. Is TR069 switched on in the router settings?

0 Likes

Stewarts
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 19

Hi Debbie,

This was done this morning, hopefullly you're able to get this sorted soon, any other issues please let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Stewarts

Thanks for updating your Community Profile 🙂

I'm unable to connect to your router, apologies for this. Please can you pin hole reset the router for ten seconds, I can then try and connect again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Stewarts
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 19

Hi Karl,

Apologies for the delay, that's there now, please let me know when you get a chance to push the firmware out.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 19

Hi Stewarts

Please add your home number to your 'Community Profile' and I'll push the later firmware to your router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 15 of 19

Hi @Stewarts 

That firmware does not support DHCP Reserved IP addresses, I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and update the firmware for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

@Stewarts you should be able to find port forwarding instructions for your router by selecting the sagecom option here.

0 Likes

Stewarts
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 19
0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 18 of 19

@StewartsThe firmware of TalkTalk routers is normally updated automatically.  In order to get further help you will need to post the router model and firmware version.  It should then be possible for someone to provide specific advice on port forwarding.  You could also do a search on the forum for port forwarding.

0 Likes