Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 4 weeks

Clara2494
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

My daughter has been without internet for 4 weeks.  The problem relates to the physical connection outside . An engineer came and repaired it , then the person in the flat downstairs had an engineer out who switched the wires around so she now has my daughters internet.

Another engineer visited he discovered this and repaired it and advised my daughter that this was the issue, again the person in the flat below had another engineer out who again reversed the repair so she is yet again without internet.  When TalkTalk test remotely it shows that my daughter has internet but of course it is going into the flat downstairs.  Bizarrely the person in the flat below can get her provider to come out within 24 hours but not so with TalkTalk.  My daughter is trying to work from home in these very difficult times , today despite knowing what the issue is TalkTalk send out an engineer who only deals with the problems inside and cannot fix the external wiring.  She is at her wits end can this problem please be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Clara2494

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The Complaints Manager will fully investigate and resolve this issue. Apologies again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Debbie,  I am pleased you have done that as my daughter has been advised today that they did not in fact book an engineer to come out despite telling her they had .  Not going to lie absolutely fed up with this it seems to me that Talk Talk don't actually care about their subscribers . Another day will no doubt be wasted on Tuesday when yet again they wait in for an engineer who will Either not turn up or not be able to fix the problem. They need an Open Reach engineer to visit I have been advised by Open Reach that the problem could be that Talk Talk are giving them incorrect information.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Clara2494

Thank you.

I have escalated this over to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will make contact as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Debbie I have put daughters account no I'm private notes.  Thank you

Message 5 of 14

So , TalkTalk finally agreed to send Openreach engineer out today between 8-1 .  Surprise surprise they haven't turned up . Fuming 😡

Daughter had to go to work eventually so Dad has decamped to her flat.

I know life is difficult for everyone at the moment but for goodness sake

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Clara2494

Please can you add the TalkTalk account number (for the line question) to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hello Debbie,

Yes I think we would like to raise a complaint I know life is difficult for everyone now but this whole thing started 4 weeks ago.  Please feel free to pass on either mine or my daughters mobile numbers.

Many Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Clara2494

Apologies, we provide support online on the Community, we will be unable to call you.

I can raise a complaint so this can be discussed further with a Complaints Manager. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Karl they do not have a landline only broadband.   As I said in my original post if you test the line it says all ok but the physical cable outside the premises has been switched and connected to the flat downstairs. Is it possible for you to either ring my mobile or my daughters so that we can explain further.

many Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi

I've found the details - the home number in your profile must be your number, not the line affected.

All tests are clear, can you find out if your daughters phone line is working, can she make calls etc ?  Also, if you can ask here to dial 17070 (if line working)  to check it is only the broadband that has been switched and not the land line also.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Clara

Thanks for updating the details.

I just want to confirm some extra details so I'll send you a PM for the required info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Clara2494
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 14

Profile updated with contact details. Thank you

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi Clara2494,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes