Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No broadband light on router after home move

26 REPLIES 26
RachelWhitford
First Timer

We moved home at the end of July. We were told new wifi would go live on the 13th of August. On the go live date, the internet and wireless lights showed green but the broadband light didn't turn on.

I called talktalk 3 times and spoke to advisors over web chat twice. They just keep asking me the same questions about if it is set up properly etc. Eventually, after filing a complaint, they agreed to send us a new router. New router arrived - same story.

I've seen people with similar issues online saying that it may be due to username/password certification issue or that the broadband line from the old flat has not been changed to the new flat with the exchange.

Can anyone please help?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service 

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

RachelWhitford
First Timer

Hi 

I have updated this now.

Thanks

Community Team

Thanks you.

Our systems are showing that your router is currently connected to the internet. Could you tell me which lights are currently on on your router and the colour

Thanks

Chris

RachelWhitford
First Timer

The only lights showing are internet and wireless. Both of these are green. All other lights are off. We were sent a new router which shows the exact same.

Everything is plugged in correctly.

Community Team

Are you sure the other lights are off. If the internet light is green the power and broandband/adsl lights should also be on?

Chris

RachelWhitford
First Timer

I'm 100% sure the broadband light is not on and that everything is connected correctly; I've spoken to several people from TalkTalk already. 

When we try to connect on our devices, an error message comes up saying broadband cable is not connected but it definitely is.

Seems to be the same issue as this: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Internet-Not-Working-After-Home-Move-Despite-Router-Be...

I'm thinking the broadband line from our old flat has not been changed to the new flat with the exchange.

Community Team

Could you switch your router off and leave it off for a minute or so and then switch back on and let me know when you've done this, and let me know if the lights are still the same

Thanks

Chris

RachelWhitford
First Timer

Yes, I have tried this several times and nothing works. Have also received a new router and done the same. It's obviously not the issue.

Community Team

I asked you to restart the router so that I can see if the disconnection shows at my end on our systems, so could you do this please and let me know when you've done it 

Thanks

Chris

RachelWhitford
First Timer

I'm not at home at the moment so I can't do that. However, I have tried this before when speaking with talktalk representatives and they have advised the connection is fine on their end.

I don't mean to sound frustrated but I'm having the same conversations again and again.

Community Team

Sorry, I know it must be frustrating but I wasn't asking you to reboot the router to see if it would resolve the problem, just thinking that if you reboot the router and the disconnection shows at our end then it will indicate that you're on the correct circuit (or not, if it doesn't show)

When you're home could you try this and let us know at what time you rebooted the router

Can you also try dialing 17070 from your TalkTalk landline, this should read back your number to you so you can confirm that it's correct or not

Chris

RachelWhitford
First Timer

Hi

I've switched it off and back on again now.

Thank you

Community Team

Thanks for trying that, the reboot isn't showing on our systems, did you try 17070?

Chris

RachelWhitford
First Timer

I haven't been able to unfortunately, as I don't have a house phone. Would the reboot not registering on your system indicate that our broadband isn't connected to the circuit?

Community Team

Yes it should show on our systems, it would just have been handy to receive confirmation via 17070 and it would also show the circuit that you are connected to. I'll log this over to our network team for further investigation. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Chris

Community Team

Hi Rachel,

Could you just confirm that the router that you currently have connected is the one that we supplied

Thanks

Chris

RachelWhitford
First Timer

I'll try and borrow a phone from someone to try that. Yeah it's the router supplied by talktalk.

Thanks!

Community Team

OK thanks. If the phone number read back to your isn't yours can you send me a PM with the number 

Thanks

Chris