Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No connection no speed no wifi

14 REPLIES 14
martybstyle
Team Player

Hello, my internet seems to have a life of it own all of a sudden, with it just dropping off and coming back on again every ten minutes. Also the speed seems to have dropped.

I have changed the filters and tried different channels on the WIFI frequency as well.

There is only me and my partner in the flat and the router is situated in the middle so wifi signal should not be a issue but this seems to be the case.

We only get 11mps MAX!! this is very poor considering where we live in the middle of a town centre next door to a bank you would think the internet would be great.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Martyn David Baker-Hollyhead
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Marty, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear on Monday.

In the meantime what speed were you expecting?

I wish proximity to a bank did guarantee better connection speeds, to a telephone exchange would be more likely to produce a good result.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi martybstyle

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've optimised your connection but the sync speed has remained the same.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

martybstyle
Team Player

hello, the route is in the main socket not a tester one.

At this moment in time 18:50 15/05/2019 my internet speed is 6.82mbps using the ookla testing website.

Some times it can be a little faster I am currently the only person in the flat I was getting 11mbps at one point.

I understand that being close to a bank will not get me faster internet and it is about being closer to the exchange. 

My frustration is that I work the other side of town for me that is only about 300 meters away if that and they have fiber giving them 3 times the amount of speed.

Also I have spoken to a BT engineer that came into my place of work and he did say that I should be getting closer to 19mbps in my home.

When also using your own line test site it does say my speed should be better.

My personal thought is there a problem at the exchange?? or coming from the exchange into my home??

Thank you 

Martyn

OCE_Michelle

Hi Martyn,

I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that DLM has increased the speed again this morning. How is the speed at the moment?

Thanks

martybstyle
Team Player

Hello, 

It is between 6 and  9 mbps at 1945 16/5/2019 

I am currently the only person in the flat at the moment and even with a slight increase of speed my mobile phone has problems loading web pages, even now on my computer as I write this the web page has taken over 4 mins to load up.

Thank you

OCE_Debbie

Hi Martyn

Your line is showing in sync at 11.5mb but the SNR is dropping low and this can affect the performance of the connection.

I have optimised your connection and the SNR has increased and line is now in sync at just under 10mb.

Please can you monitor the connection over the weekend and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

martybstyle
Team Player

hello,   

The speed if anything has got worse with only getting up to 7mbs.

I have ran a virus scan and used other web browsers to make sure its not my computer.

Also I have used the ookla app on my galaxy s10 and the same results appear there as well.

I am currently the only person in the flat and it took 5 minutes for this page to load and other webpages are taking a long time to load.

thank you

OCE_Debbie

Hi martybstyle

Apologies for this.

Have you recently tested with a different router? Would it be ok to connect the router at the test socket whilst we are investigating this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

martybstyle
Team Player
Hello,
I have had another router sent to me as I have had the same problem before and the router is in the test socket as it gave a better speed but now it has dropped again.
My current speed as of 18:31 22/5/2019 is 6.27mps using my Samsung s10 to check the speed.

Thank you
OCE_Chris

Hi martybstyle,

Sync speed is currently 11.2Mbps, there were a lot of errors from the early hours of the 21st until the early hours of the 22nd, seems to have been OK since following a profile change.

Do you have any devices that connect to the Internet via Ethernet cable? 

Chris

martybstyle
Team Player
Hello Chris sorry for the delayed reply,
Yes I have done a speed test on a wired connection and the results are just as low with 6.9mbps.
Also the connection service page still says our connection could be better.

Martyn
OCE_Michelle

Hi Martyn,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-checked the connection stats and the sync speed still looks consistent at the moment. Are you still experiencing slow wired speeds at the moment?

Thanks

martybstyle
Team Player

Hello, 

I have been sent a new router and have left it for 5 days to allow the line to stable.

Things have not gotten any better with only one person still being able to use the internet at a time and trying to play any online gaming is impossible with major lagging.

I have been keeping records of speed tests and currently I am getting any thing from 2.4mbs to mbs.

Also I am having trouble logging into my account when the service indiactor says there is no problem.

I wish to leave the servie with no pently due to not providing the advertising speed and unstable service.

I do not want to talk to the tech team as I have already done this to no avail 

Thank you

OCE_Debbie

Hi martybstyle

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If you contact our Loyalty Team then they can discuss this with you.

Thanks

Debbie