Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No home phone line

18 REPLIES 18
nicky62
Wizz Kid

Having a run of TT problems over past few days (although one turned out to be related to MacBook more than TT, to be fair).

So, router crashes once twice daily, kind of become used to it . . generally once in morning and may or may not re-occur at a later point during day again.  Reconnects pretty quick and then runs, touch wood, smoothly until next occurrence the following day.

Crashed, I think this morning, very early (around 5am-ish); crashed again few minutes ago.  Obviously back on since I can send this but my phone line also died at same time and that is dead - no dialling tone, no static noise, phone is lifeless.

Thank you

Community Team

Hi nicky62,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service. When you say the router crashes, do you mean the connection drops?

If the connection drops do the lights change on your router?

Are both wired and wireless devices affected?

Chris

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Hi

Hub light turns orange flashing, usually returns to white within minute or so, sometimes briefly turns white before orange flashing again.

Right now broadband is touchwood constant - phone is totally dead.  Could it be my BT phone - have message saying check line, have tried central phone socket where router is placed as opposed to the added socket extension where it is generally situated.

Both sockets give no dial tone.

Interrupted service - first webmail over weekend and now this is becoming somewhat wearing at this point to be honest .. thanks

Community Team

Thanks for the information, yes the line test is picking up a potential fault, can you leave it with me and I'll get back to you

Thanks

Chris

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Hi

Thank you Chris. I will leave it with you and hope you can retrieve my dial tone.

As long as connection and email are reliable I will cope, but particularly wanted to catch up with admin this week - half term last week, set me back - glitchy email on weekend and Monday and no home line today is getting trying.

Thanks though

Community Team

Hi nicky62,

I've now raised this to BT Openreach as a non-appointed task, Openreach will investigate and we should receive an update within 72 hours. if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Friday and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Thank you, Friday seems long way off with no phone line 🙁

Community Team

Hi nicky62,

Apologies, it's possible that the fault may be resolved before Friday, however we have to allow 48-72hrs for Openreach to complete their investigation before we can request an update.

Thanks

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Hi

Thanks Michelle.

Still no dial tone at present.

Friday suddenly doesn't seem so not far away though . . . - it is Thursday today, right?!!

Community Team

Hi

I've checked the fault for updates but none so far.  The fault report is still with BT for them to action.

If you bump the thread tomorrow we can check for the latest update for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl

I've put this into home phone area where I should have posted it yesterday . .

Have asked there, ahead of chasing this with bumping thread tomorrow, whether message could be put onto my phone line saying there is a fault on my phone.  Just learned someone was trying to call me on landline, assumed I was not in because I did not answer.

Not everyone has my mobile number . .

Thank you.

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Here I am, bumping thread, no OCE response whatsoever to various requests and suggestions I put forward in home phone section yesterday.  Perhaps I will have more joy in this broadband area . . haha?

People calling in are unaware there is a fault - someone called yesterday and assumed I was not home since I didn't answer.

Therefore could you put fault message on my dead phone line please?

Could calls ideally be re-routed to my mobile number whilst I have zero service on home phone line?

Hoping for some information back at some point from somewhere.

Phone is positively sulking that it can fulfil it's tasks - it's likely to leave home any time now given that we have been unable to use one another for 3 days now 🙃

Community Team

Hi

I've checked the fault on the BT system and this has been assigned to an engineer this morning, so an engineer will be working on the fault today.

Thanks

Karl. 

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Thank you Karl. 

Community Team
nicky62
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl

Arne in the home phone section tells me engineer is booked to look at fault in few days . . doesn't mention today at all.

Phone is still line-less.

Please transfer calls to it to my mobile ending in 2000 and please put message on my home line saying there is a fault on it.

Requested all this in home phone yesterday, zero response to any of it there.

This is annoying.

Community Team

Hi

From work I did previously, I have full access to BT Openreach systems so the info I gave you earlier is directly from BT themselves.

I can put a redirect in place to your mobile but for security I will need to ask for some details.

I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

nicky62
Wizz Kid

Thanks Karl

Great engineer named Michael Doell/Duell arrived and has 🤞fixed it all.

My home phone itself may be slightly faulty in some way so I'm replacing that, other than that all is smooth & great.

Thanks for your assistance over past few days and hope your weekend was good.

- Nicky

Community Team

Hi Nicky

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂