Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet- all the lights are green but no connection

12 REPLIES 12
Bethcollins2634
Chatterbox

My switch over was today got an email saying it’s live and working. Come home all lights are green but you cannot connect to it. Went on the online chat but told nothing was wrong and have to wait 72 hours for a call back. I’ve already waited ages for the internet to be live and it’s still not working. I’ve reset it all and done all the other normal things I was told on the chat. What’s going on?

Beth Collins
KeithFrench
Community Star

How do you connect wireless, wired, or a mixture? If wireless, are you actually connecting to the router OK?

To help diagnose this issue, please can you log on to your router, by opening a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome etc) and then enter this address in the address bar:-

http://192.168.1.1

enter the credentials:-

username: admin
password: admin        (unless you have set your own password).

If you use the HG633 & DSL-3782 or the TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub, they have their own unique password, which can be found at the top of the label on the rear of the router. It is the one labelled "router" or "admin" password, not the wireless one.

Then go to your ADSL or DSL summary page & paste the stats in this thread.

On the HG633 this is at:-

Maintain > System Information & expand Broadband Information

On the DSL-3782 go to the home page & copy the stats from the DSL & IPv4 pages.

If you have the new TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub this can be seen via:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage Advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

Click on the General tab then scroll down to the page to the xDSL section & copy & paste them into your reply.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Bethcollins2634
Chatterbox

@KeithFrench  

289F7B3D-174E-417E-BEAA-FFCB84D387C5.jpeg

Hi it says this 

Beth Collins
KeithFrench
Community Star

Please can you take an actual screenshot of this, rather than a photo? The photo is so small that by the time I enlarge it, all of the text is out of focus.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Bethcollins2634

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Bethcollins2634
Chatterbox

@OCE_Debbie  Done!

Beth Collins
Community Team

Hi Bethcollins2634

Please can you also add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Bethcollins2634
Chatterbox

@OCE_Debbie  Sorry that’s added now 

Beth Collins
Community Team

Hi Bethcollins2634

Thank you 🙂

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? Is the router currently at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Bethcollins2634
Chatterbox

@OCE_Debbie  I’m not sure if the phone is working as I do not have a phone to test this on and the router is plugged into the main socket and not the test one. I’ve tried it in the test one and it still didn’t work

Beth Collins
Community Team

Hi Bethcollins2634

If the landline service is not working then this would affect the BB connection and has to be investigated first.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone just for testing purposes? I can then raise this fault to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Bethcollins2634
Chatterbox

@OCE_Debbie  I will get one from the shop when I finish at 5 today and test that and get back in touch with you once I’ve tested it! 

Beth Collins
Community Team

Hi Bethcollins2634

Thank you, if you can check if you have a dialtone and if there is any noise on the line. 

Please can you test the phone at the test socket.

Thanks

Debbie