Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

keff77
Popular Poster
Message 21 of 21

Hi,

I've been with TalkTalk for years and not had many issues. This week I have found that some of my hardware cannot connect to the internet, while other devices can. My smart plug, PS5 and Nvidia Shield cannot connect but phones, computers and Amazon devices are working without issue.

I assume there has been a firmware update to the router, but not sure how to get round the issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

@Debbie-TalkTalk ,

@Robbie8 has previously started his own topics here: Never reply to me. I hate this Company - TalkTalk Help & Support and here: How *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* is this company? - TalkTalk Help & Support

On each occasion a member of staff has offered to help but he has not replied or updated his profile to allow you to help.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

@Robbie8 - Please can you create your own topic on the Community, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Robbie8
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 21

Ring me ASAP because I’m stopping all further payments to you.  

0 Likes

Robbie8
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 21

TalkTalk is a SCAM company. DO NOT subscribe to them. I lose internet connection at least 3 times a week. Keep complaining but to no avail. To leave my contract they will charge me an extortionate amount of money. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi keff77

I'm so glad to hear this.

Thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi Debbie,

I have received the new router and this has resolved the issues. Everything is now working as expected.

Many thanks for the support.

Message 7 of 21

Hi keff77

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 21

Hi Debbie,

I'm more than happy to test a new router to see if that resolves the issue. Mine is several years old now, so it is possible that there is a hardware issue. Really appreciate all the assistance with this.

Many thanks

Message 9 of 21

Hi keff77

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi,

Yes I have completed pin hole resets three times now, but it doesn't have any effect. The same devices are still unable to connect to the internet.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi keff77

Did you also complete a factory reset? (pin hole reset)

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 12 of 21

You mentioned you had rebooted, but can you confirm you have tried a factory reset (by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds). Note that this will lose any settings you have ever changed in the router.

Message 13 of 21

My devices that are working are connected to a mixture of 2.4 and 5 and have moved between them okay. There is no interference using a WiFi analyser. One device that's working is in the same place as one that isn't, and devices further away are fine.

When the PlayStation trys to connect it says Unable to obtain IP address in time

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 21

Do you know if the devices are trying to connect to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi bands, i.e. is one or the other of the bands having issues and the other is ok.

If you have one of the newer TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hubs then logging into the router will show you the details of which band the devices that are connecting ok are using. What make of router do you have ?

It could be caused by Wi-Fi interference, for example one of your neighbours could have set up a router that is broadcasting on the same channels as yours.

You could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

I only have wireless devices. Some are connecting without issue, but others are having problems. These devices are closer to the router than others that do work, and nothing has changed from when everything was fine

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 16 of 21

Is the problem affecting both wired and wireless devices (if you have both)

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

I have tried a router reboot and I am still getting the same issue. I have a connection on some devices and not on others.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi keff77

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've checked and the firmware hasn't been updated. Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

Hi Debbie,

My profile still had a previous phone number. I have now updated this to my current one.

Thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 21

Hi keff77

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (Please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes