cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet since yesterday

12 REPLIES 12
Team Player

Hi, my internet connection has been down since yesterday afternoon. I've tried unplugging the modem, the cables, checking the socket etc but no luck. It was working perfectly until around 4pm and it's still down this morning. Can someone check for a fault with the broadband please? I'm based in Lewisham, South East London. Many thanks

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Fuzzycat

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check if your landline service is working ok when making calls?

Have you tested with a different router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player
Hi Debbie

Yes I can make and receive phone calls with no problems, its just the broadband that's not working. I don't have a different router to test. I don't think it's the router, nothing has changed and it was working perfectly until 4pm yesterday. Can you test if the broadband is working? Thank you

Hi Fuzzycat

Thanks for your reply.

I've asked our Network Team to run some tests and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Fuzzycat

This fault has been escalated over to BT Openreach and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player
Hi

Any updates yet? It's been almost 48 hours I've been without broadband. I need to have it up and running by Sunday night as I need it to work on Monday. Thanks in advance

Hi Fuzzycat

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Fuzzycat

Have you spoken with our Network Team today to arrange an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Hi Debbie

the Openreach engineer came but I still have no internet. Now everytime time I try to plug in my router it knocks out my phone line. I've tried two routers and both cause the error. It's over a week now and I'm still without any internet connection. I'd be grateful if another engineer can look at this. It can't be right plugging in a router is stopping my landline. Thanks 

Hi Fuzzycat

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, what did the engineer advise? Did they replicate this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

The engineer thought it was the router causing the issue so said the line is ok, but I've tested two different routers and both cause the phone line to stop working. Both routers can't be faulty, it's clearly the phone line that's got an error.

I've had to unplug the router permanently or I have no landline and can't receive any calls. My mum is disabled so relies on the landline and doesn't have a mobile phone. I really need this fault fixed as it's vital I have an internet connection and working landline for work and for emergencies.

I really hope you can send someone to finally resolve this. I'm grateful for any help.
Thank you

Hi Fuzzycat,

Could you just check that the ADSL (the cable that connects your router to the telephone socket) is connected to the ADSL port on your router, I ask this because it fits perfectly in the Ethernet ports on your router and if it's connected to one of these by mistake it will knock out your phones

Chris

Hi Fuzzycat,

How are you getting on, have you had chance to check?

Chris