Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet this morning

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

No service

Chris
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi civory,

I can't see and specific problems in your area, please let us know how you get on with the other router

Chris

0 Likes

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 6

What I am trying to establish is whether it's due to any local service issues.  If not I am going to swap back to the old router which at least didn't go up and down like a yo-yo which seems to have started since I replaced it with the new one you provided. If you can confirm there is no service issue in my area, and that my line is ok, I have to assume the router is faulty.

Chris
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Does the main socket have a test socket and is the router currently connected to the test socket at the moment? If the connection is still unstable at the test socket with 2 different routers, microfilters and cables then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 6

The issue continues.  It's a new router you sent me a couple of weeks ago.  All usual tests done.  It is continuously dropping out. Was fine yesterday. 

Chris
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see re-connections on the line. Is the voice service ok? Does the main socket have a test socket? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes