Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

SuzeA65
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I’m acting on behalf of my 92 year old father who hasn’t had an internet connection for a couple of weeks. When I have been at his I have tried switching it off and on a few times . I tried the reset button but that didn’t do anything (no lights went off). The internet light is still red. Any help much appreciated. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi SuzeA65

Ahh you're welcome 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

SuzeA65
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Thanks for your prompt response Debbie. Fingers crossed the new router works. Appreciate your response 😊

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi SuzeA65

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 10

That would be fab. Thank you 😊 

Message 5 of 10

Hi SuzeA65

Thank you for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Are you happy for us to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Have done that. Thank you Karl

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hi SuzeA65

Can you add your fathers landline number to the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' so I can take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 10

Useful links, @SuzeA65:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Registering-your-accessibility-requirements/ta-p/258302...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Power-of-Attorney-Authority-to-Act/ta-p/2205181

With any problems to do with the service, it's best to report it by phone (03451 720088) or Chat at the earliest opportunity. Compensation for total loss of a service is calculated as described here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

You need to complete your community forum profile details and add your father's name too, @SuzeA65.

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. 

Put your own details in there.

At the end of that section, in Private Notes add your father's name, address and Talktalk landline number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

Long term, you need to make sure that your father is registered for priority fault repairs etc.

It can also be helpful to have authority to act set up officially. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.