Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet :(

rkc86
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hello. The tenant living with me was previously with TalkTalk on fast broadband package but since left last month. I've signed up as a new customer and there were fibre options, which I've selected Fibre 65. I was asked to select a date for an engineer appointment, which was on 23.09 but this was cancelled 2 hours on the day before the allotted time (which I've booked a day off work grr) and was given another date on 30.09, which again was cancelled 2 hours before given time (another day wasted). Reason due to Openreach not able to fix some line or some lame excuse. 

Anyway, I've found out from other people living in the building that we cannot access fibre. So after live chatting & calling to 10 different people, I was told I had to wait 5-7 working days for my initial order to be cancelled so I can sign up for a new package on fast broadband (so will have to wait an additional 2 more weeks!). Fine, whatever. Following day on live chat, I'd asked whether I can sign up to fast broadband immediately, which they've said yes provided I agree to their terms & conditions by saying yes on their chat and I would go live within 24hours. 72hrs later, I have the flashing orange light of death on my router & no internet since my apparent activation date of 23.09. I know it's not a problem on my end because TalkTalk was working fine with the previous account holder & I feel left out with no help whatsoever.

What are my options? Should I pay extra & sign up with another provider & hope this will all go away or would this cause the same problem? Many thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi rkc86

Please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds? If you are still experiencing the no sync fault once the router is switched back on then we will need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Are you using a new router supplied by TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Yes. Dunno about the dial tone. I don't use landline.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi rkc86

Thanks for your reply.

Can I just check, is your router connected at the test socket and switched on? Do you have a dialtone?

0 Likes

rkc86
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

My package is showing fast broadband. Well the obvious not able to access fibre is because I live in the city centre in a high rise building and I've asked other people in the building that they don't have access fibre too even though TalkTalk says I can when I've entered my postcode during registration (Sky & BT broadband accessibility search by postcode confirms I can only have normal broadband). Go figure.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi rkc86

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Were you advised that fibre can't be provided? If you log into My Account which package is showing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

rkc86
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Yup, did all the necessary tests but no results. All I see is "We have not been able to identify your router or its software version" 😞

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @rkc86,

Did you receive a text/email to confirm your service had gone live ?. Are you able to log into the 'My Account' site to check the status of your activation ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.