Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

Stephw1
First Timer
Message 19 of 19

I’ve been without internet for a week up to now, my router has a steady amber light but the WiFi is no longer available, I’ve tried connecting my laptop to the router with a cable but it won’t access 192.168.1.1 usually if the internet goes down the WiFi network is still available but will say WiFi connected no internet. Is it usual for the router to be unavailable via WiFi and cable if the connection is down?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Stephw1

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

Message 2 of 19

New router arrived today and seems to have done the job thanks Debbie 

Message 3 of 19

Hi Stephw1

No problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 19

Thanks Debbie hopefully this will fix it 

Message 5 of 19

Hi Stephw1

The router is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 19

Yes please 

Message 7 of 19

Hi Stephw1

I can send you a replacement router now, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

No I spoke on live chat last Monday went through all the tests eg. Resetting the router switching off and on again and was then told I would be contacted within 2-3 days on Wednesday I bought a new adsl filter and dsl cable to rule them out and also tried to connect to the routers homepage 192.168.1.1

I then contacted again via live chat and told them that the router was not responding and they just said an engineer was needed and I would be contacted in 2-3 working days

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi Stephw1

I'm sorry to hear this. Did our Faults Team not offer to send a replacement router when completing the checks with you?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Openreach engineer has just been luckily I had someone to let them in to check the line inside, the engineer run a few tests from the socket which all came back fine, it’s the router which is not working 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Stephw1

Apologies for this. I will check on this fault again this afternoon for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 12 of 19

Thanks Debbie I haven’t heard anything all week I did get a phone call yesterday but was in work and waiting for a call back after 5 which never came perhaps I’ll hear back today after 5

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Stephw1

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 14 of 19

Thanks Skynet_Tx 

you’ve been a little more helpful than the other help I’ve received 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 19

A solid amber light usually means the router is physically connected ok (i.e. the physical connection between the router and the street cabinet is ok), but it is unable to authenticate onto the TalkTalk network. Does feel a bit strange that you can't access local Wi-Fi or the router login screen, but the Sagemcom does have some rather quirky firmware, so maybe it is just one of those odd things that router does when it can't authenticate !

Staff here may be able to advise tomorrow.

Message 16 of 19

Tried it all while on live chat last week, service status say there’s a fault between the exchange and me and an openreach engineer will come eventually, I’m sure the router has had it though 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 19

Hi @Stephw1,

Have you tried a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds. Note that this would lose any settings you may have ever changed in the router.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

Stephw1
First Timer
Message 18 of 19

Router is a sagemcom if this helps

0 Likes