Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No speed boost ? 35 - 40 mbps only.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi i recently recontracted to faster fibre and as i was only getting speeds of around 35mbps i upgraded with speed boost as it specifies 60-70mbps.

I had to purchase the new router and is is all installed and ok, that was 2 weeks ago at least and istill only get speeds of 32-40 through ethernet cable to pc

Wireless is 35-39 mbps.

Have i got my speed boost or like similar post here has it been missplaced ?. Can someone check please ? Thanks you.

1/2 old ,1/2 blind but still gaming .
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi castleivymick

I'm sorry to hear this.

I am just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check on the fibre speed boost and also the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi debbie,

Pm sent.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi castleivymick,

Thanks for the PM, the speed boost should take effect within 24 hours, please let us know if you experience any further problems 

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

Thats great news, i will keep you all posted on the results over the next 24hrs or so.

Many thanks.

👍

Highlighted

Hi castleivymick

Thank you. It would also be worth powering down the router for a full 30 minutes after the 24hrs has passed and then running a speed test.

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
my speed boost not working since i switched to faster fibre in aug last year max download speed 42 on a wired connection i have contacted talk talk on numerous occasions with no luck no one wants to know think its time to change I S P long time customer paying £25+ new price on line £22 talk talk contacted me in jan and offered to reduce my payment to £22 for lack of speed still waiting for this to happen??can any any body help getting desperate
thanks roy tuckwood
R Tuckwood
Highlighted

Hi @roytuk

Apologies for this.

We will post on your thread shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Ok understood, appreciate the advice.

I will return with an update in a day or so.

Thanks .

Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi castleivymick,

Could I just add to this, how did you upgrade? Was this by contacting us by phone or livechat, did you upgrade via MyAccount or through an email offer?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I believe it was going through "my account" , via the website. It deffinitely wasnt via phone.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi castleivymick,

Ok, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi all,

I waited several days after my 24hr speed boost activation date to see if things improved. 

I have revbooted the router several times over this period and for longer that 30 mins a few times also.

I now get dissapointing speeds of .

Ping - 24-29

Download 40-44 mbps

Upload - 12-14 mbps

Before i started this thread (and before speed boost), i was getting-

Ping - 14- 17

Download 36-40mbps

Upload 12-14 mbps

My "service health check" still says i am not 

receiving the estimated download speed we guaranteed when you signed up to TalkTalk.

Estimated speed: 40 Mb - 74 Mb

So the question next i suppose,

Is that it ?.

Regards,

Highlighted

Hi castleivymick,

Thanks for the update and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs so we can see if DLM increases the sync speed any further?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
  • Hi Michelle,.

I did take a look at the phone socket the other day as i found that info about "test socket" the other day on your website. I never looked before and noticed that it looks like it maybe the type that has one from the decription of the face of it.

Note- there is only one phone socket in my bungalow .

But i didnt attempt to unscrew the cover so far, so now you suggest it , i will connect my router to it tonight when i get back from work for 48hrs , if it has one.

Thanks for the info and quick response.

Will update here if it doesnt have one , tonight also.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi all,

7pm UK time and i have connected the router via filter to the "test socket" in the master socket as instructed.

It is working ok and my speed test gives the same results.

I will leave it connected to the "test socket" as instructed for at least 48 hrs or until you notify me otherwise.

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi all,

Im being patient, supposed to be a virtue but no msg to me about the line tests in nearly a week.

I know the present situation is causing difficulties across the board but is there any one out there ?. I feel forgotten.

I plugged my router into the master socket test port awaiting tests to be done 6 days ago.

My daily speed tests havnt realy changed at all and still remain at ,

Download 38-42mbps but apparently my service centre stated that i received--

44mbps. (First ever !.)

Upload 13mbps

Ping is 25-29

Can someone update me to if anything is happening. Or again, is that as good as i can get.

Thank you...